• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

When the player for Purdue's winning TD says....

ColombianHusker

Throw the damn bones!
5 Year Member
He knew what defense we would run by watching film of UCF, that tells you all you need to know. No innovation, changes rarely made to offset what was open all day, EVERY GAME.

If we played a lot more zone, or actually blitzed at the right time, or spy the QB, we win this and at least one other game already.

As I said before, Chinander is playing checkers, while all the OC's are at least playing chess. What do you guy's think? @ShortSideOption , @N2FL , @Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

We tried going to zone, especially against indiana....You have 4 linebackers who have no clue how to play zone defense, and 3 that are nowhere near athletic/fast enough to cover in man. That being said, the fact that we blew contain is why that last play was successful, the fact that we cant cover the TE (or anyone on a crossing route for that matter) is how they got the first 70+ yards to score that drive as well as their 3 other TD scoring drives)

He knew what defense we would run by watching film of UCF, that tells you all you need to know. No innovation, changes rarely made to offset what was open all day, EVERY GAME.

If we played a lot more zone, or actually blitzed at the right time, or spy the QB, we win this and at least one other game already.

As I said before, Chinander is playing checkers, while all the OC's are at least playing chess. What do you guy's think? @ShortSideOption , @N2FL , @Middle-aged_Ball_Coach
A lot of teams run man in the red zone, I don’t mind that. But there was someone who was responsible for clearing backside that didn’t. And running a reverse in that situation is massively ballsy. That’s coaching vs coaching and we lost there. But something else was up there that I need to go rewatch.

A lot of teams run man in the red zone, I don’t mind that. But there was someone who was responsible for clearing backside that didn’t. And running a reverse in that situation is massively ballsy. That’s coaching vs coaching and we lost there. But something else was up there that I need to go rewatch.

I appreciate the information....but don't you think Chinander is over his head. Seriously, can you take over the rest of the year @ShortSideOption ?

Last edited:
It certainly looked like they knew what we would do in those last two drives. Of course, I'm not sure how they could know we wouldn't tackle them when we had a chance.

I was not clear. I meant running zone almost all game, every game. Would that have won a couple more games? I think yes.

I appreciate the information....but don't you think Chinander is over his head. Seriously, can you take over the rest of the year @ShortSideOption ?
Lol not sure I’d help but when you look at what our offense left on the field, it was easily 21 points. Our defense gave us the ball in the first half a ton and we got 10 points. I get we got diced a bit but I’m way more mad at what’s going on offensively. We have to take our lumps on defense.

Been saying it all along, offense lacks depth, playmakers, and young. Defense is mostly upperclassmen, sadly I'm sure they know.

That something else was our best OLB crashing with his eyes closed & tackling the rb & not staying home. Also have been amazed at how our lbs utterly fail to properly break down at the Point of attack & instead fall down or just whiff since they’re balance is off & they’re not over their feet. It’s so pervasive that it almost looks coached.

That something else was our best OLB crashing with his eyes closed & tackling the rb & not staying home. Also have been amazed at how our lbs utterly fail to properly break down at the Point of attack & instead fall down or just whiff since they’re balance is off & they’re not over their feet. It’s so pervasive that it almost looks coached.
No we call that usually. People were mad at Nelson against Indiana for that and that’s exactly what he was supposed to do.

Then that just leaves Stille since he’s DE on that side & he was pushed backwards & a CB who routinely plays with his back to the LOS. My point is in that situation there is no reason to crash so hard straight down the line without being aware of QB and slot because if they come right back at you like they did here, it’s a wrap. And both 7 & 13 had complete whiffs on other plays due to their lack of body control & inability to break down

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back