• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

When Frost first saw the team last year

We need two more wins this year and a bowl game or recruiting will become really difficult. Our talent is the best in the West if you believe class rank, but we don’t show it. Frost and this staff have succeeded before, and games like last night are hard to explain — talent or coaching?
Still talking about Riley and Bo doesn’t help solve last night.

This speaks volumes to the arrogance of coming in and trashing the old staff.....then responding with assertions that s/c has improved players night and day and yet this.
They are partly under fire as a staff due to arrogance imo. All the BS about newly shaped body and strength? Smh
I’m in no position as a fan to judge but I also can’t help but think arrogance lead Scott to believe he could take and assistant coaching staff with very little experience in the power five world and come in and play sound big 10 football.

I’m all in on Frost... any Nebraska fan has to be if they don’t want to be miserable the next 5 years. He was the right hire, no doubt about that. But there’s plenty of talent like you said. Really starting to bother me how people think this is some massive rebuild. We still have top 25 talent per the offers the guys on our team were receiving out of high school. Lastly, Frost was getting applauded for his massive and unheard of roster turnover. Not sure why it’s a different regimes fault or still a culture thing.
Judging from the play, I would say its a coaching thing.

Holy crap......that play is startling. He drove the LG back so far and so fast that he basically used him to bludgeon Vedral. Amazing......

The key question is why our super, duper o-line, loaded with all sorts of super duper top 25 talent, is incapable of blocking any D on the schedule. Even when Minnesota sent 3 against our 5 linemen, they still quickly got pressure on Vedral every snap.

Anyone got the actual answer why they suck so bad?

Love the optimism. Here’s my thing... why say we will be dangerous in 2019 then? If those seniors last year were such a big factor, why is the claim now that Frost just needs his guys to really get this thing humming? Why in many areas such as OL, QB, WR, OLB, ILB, do we look like we’ve regressed? For having over a dozen linemen “squatting over 800 pounds” we sure got destroyed in the trenches last night. Lastly, why did this former Walk-On for Minnesota do this to our former Walk-On?

He could squat double that and it wouldn't matter if he doesn't move his feet.

I love optimism when it’s warranted but what in the world makes you believe the future looks bright? I had optimism after playing tough the last six games of the year. There has not been one game this year that I fell good about the future or the direction of the season. It started with game one and despite some moments of hope, I never quite felt this team had it together. I think if you’re honest with yourself there is nothing you can see right now that could lead you to believe we are headed in the right direction. The only thing any of us have right now is blind loyalty and hope.
Growing pains, friends. This situation was far worse than any of us know. Gonna take some patience.

I’m in no position as a fan to judge but I also can’t help but think arrogance lead Scott to believe he could take and assistant coaching staff with very little experience in the power five world and come in and play sound big 10 football.
Nope

Have you seen our assistant coaches resumes? There isn’t much major college experience littered in there. They made it look easy at a lower level and I think them including most of us thought the transition to the big 10 would be easier than it’s been. My guess is that some of that is arrogance from how quick UCF got it done.

Now you’re picking up what I’m putting down. There’s really no benefit to squatting 800 pounds in football.
Oh, I'm all in on this. So much of blocking is technique. I thought we were looking for lean athletic guys that could move their feet, be aggressive with their hands, and understand leverage. What I see is a line that looks like a boring NFL-style line. There hasn't been much creativity, but maybe it's because this group isn't capable of doing the basics consistently.

I'd love to sit in on a conversation with Frost and his offensive staff.

Growing pains, friends. This situation was far worse than any of us know. Gonna take some patience.
and so many teams have new coaches OU, def coach, Baylor, Mn, Wisc on down the list . Many with true freshman starting. Yet with NU it takes years of recruiting and even more time for the player to grasp the new system.

Things that make ya go hmmmm

Love the optimism. Here’s my thing... why say we will be dangerous in 2019 then? If those seniors last year were such a big factor, why is the claim now that Frost just needs his guys to really get this thing humming? Why in many areas such as OL, QB, WR, OLB, ILB, do we look like we’ve regressed? For having over a dozen linemen “squatting over 800 pounds” we sure got destroyed in the trenches last night. Lastly, why did this former Walk-On for Minnesota do this to our former Walk-On?

#pancake

Oh, I'm all in on this. So much of blocking is technique. I thought we were looking for lean athletic guys that could move their feet, be aggressive with their hands, and understand leverage. What I see is a line that looks like a boring NFL-style line. There hasn't been much creativity, but maybe it's because this group isn't capable of doing the basics consistently.

I'd love to sit in on a conversation with Frost and his offensive staff.

This was so maddening because we ALL knew exactly what Minn was going to run on each play, and sure enough, they did.
@ShortSideOption , @Middle-aged_Ball_Coach , why did we look so damn unimaginable on almost every series except the 2 minute touchdown?

Last edited:
Time for this staff to quit blaming the past and to get on with building the future. Now is the time to find any "gamers" that have been hidden on the depth chart. Time to try some new blood here and there, rather than trotting out the same guys that are failing over and over. We are bad anyway...this season is likely lost, even if we make a bowl. The only thing that could give fans some hope is if we could upset Wisky or blow out Iowa.

Oh yeah, no more non-Senior captains, area code helmet labels, and...please, fewer weekday pressers.

Last edited:

This team isn’t going to upset Wiscy or Iowa. For-get-it. We need to beat Indiana and then focus on playing well the next week. That’s it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back