• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

When Frost first saw the team last year

Lodestar

Recruit
I wonder what went through his mind at seeing this team in person, after just leaving the UCF team.
Was it 'OMG what am I gonna do?' Or, 'OMG what am I gonna say to all the fans who think I'm going to work a miracle from here on out.'
He had to do something to give Husker Nation hope, and he did. That team played above what they were able. He had to have known what the replacements were pretty much going to be able to manage after the Seniors were gone.

We may have to deal with a few more blowouts this year but I think with year 3 those will be a thing of the past for us. The future looks bright so don't discard your Husker hats and shirts.

I wonder what went through his mind at seeing this team in person, after just leaving the UCF team.
Was it 'OMG what am I gonna do?' Or, 'OMG what am I gonna say to all the fans who think I'm going to work a miracle from here on out.'
He had to do something to give Husker Nation hope, and he did. That team played above what they were able. He had to have known what the replacements were pretty much going to be able to manage after the Seniors were gone.

We may have to deal with a few more blowouts this year but I think with year 3 those will be a thing of the past for us. The future looks bright so don't discard your Husker hats and shirts.
Those are true statements when talking about getting closer to where we want to be.
But there's no excuse for how bad we are that's on frost. There's enough talent on this team to be much better than we are

Love the optimism. Here’s my thing... why say we will be dangerous in 2019 then? If those seniors last year were such a big factor, why is the claim now that Frost just needs his guys to really get this thing humming? Why in many areas such as OL, QB, WR, OLB, ILB, do we look like we’ve regressed? For having over a dozen linemen “squatting over 800 pounds” we sure got destroyed in the trenches last night. Lastly, why did this former Walk-On for Minnesota do this to our former Walk-On?

I love optimism when it’s warranted but what in the world makes you believe the future looks bright? I had optimism after playing tough the last six games of the year. There has not been one game this year that I fell good about the future or the direction of the season. It started with game one and despite some moments of hope, I never quite felt this team had it together. I think if you’re honest with yourself there is nothing you can see right now that could lead you to believe we are headed in the right direction. The only thing any of us have right now is blind loyalty and hope.

Those are true statements when talking about getting closer to where we want to be.
But there's no excuse for how bad we are that's on frost. There's enough talent on this team to be much better than we are
I’m all in on Frost... any Nebraska fan has to be if they don’t want to be miserable the next 5 years. He was the right hire, no doubt about that. But there’s plenty of talent like you said. Really starting to bother me how people think this is some massive rebuild. We still have top 25 talent per the offers the guys on our team were receiving out of high school. Lastly, Frost was getting applauded for his massive and unheard of roster turnover. Not sure why it’s a different regimes fault or still a culture thing.

I'm in on frost too. But when a coach making 5 mill underachieved he deserves criticism. As I've said many times, its going to take years before we are near where we want. It should not take yrs to stop being horrible and we are now. The fans get it. They know itll take 4 or 5 yrs to start playing big 10 contenders. The frustration is they also know we shouldn't be this bad

Last edited:
Love the optimism. Here’s my thing... why say we will be dangerous in 2019 then? If those seniors last year were such a big factor, why is the claim now that Frost just needs his guys to really get this thing humming? Why in many areas such as OL, QB, WR, OLB, ILB, do we look like we’ve regressed? For having over a dozen linemen “squatting over 800 pounds” we sure got destroyed in the trenches last night. Lastly, why did this former Walk-On for Minnesota do this to our former Walk-On?

Holy crap......that play is startling. He drove the LG back so far and so fast that he basically used him to bludgeon Vedral. Amazing......

I'm in on frost too. But when a coach making 5 mill underachieved he deserves criticism. As I've said many times, its going to take years before we are near where we want. It should not take yrs to stop being horrible and we are now.
Other than Michigan last year I never felt this was a horrible team in 2018. We didn’t see it in the win column initially but you could see signs of progress and players developing before our eyes. We actually got rewarded to some degree in the second half of the season which led to understandable optimism. Does an honest fan feel any of that now?

We've been a year or two away for about 15 years now. Personally, I find this to be one of the darkest moments. Previously I always thought we could do better with a new coach. That feeling is now gone. We have our blockbuster hire, and I'm wondering if we get to a bowl in year 2. Furthermore, the recruiting class isn't where it needs to be. Grim.

We've been a year or two away for about 15 years now. Personally, I find this to be one of the darkest moments. Previously I always thought we could do better with a new coach. That feeling is now gone. We have our blockbuster hire, and I'm wondering if we get to a bowl in year 2. Furthermore, the recruiting class isn't where it needs to be. Grim.
I wish I wasn’t but I’m in the exact same place as you.

Holy crap......that play is startling. He drove the LG back so far and so fast that he basically used him to bludgeon Vedral. Amazing......
I believe that was when Hixson was 'skyed'. He actually was playing pretty well in the rotation up until that play. Our OL actually played it's depth and didn't have its worst night at all. In a nutshell, the Minnesota safeties crowded the line and we failed to sting them deep.

I am startled at how we have regressed from last year. But, I felt like it was going to take 10 years from when we fired Bo—-just to get back to where we were when we fired Bo.

I just want to see us line up and be in position to make plays. Avoid false starts, personal fouls, illegal substitution, hold onto the ball and play hard.

In these final 5 games I don’t expect us to win again, but if we could do the above I’ll consider it progress.

This speaks volumes to the arrogance of coming in and trashing the old staff.....then responding with assertions that s/c has improved players night and day and yet this.
They are partly under fire as a staff due to arrogance imo. All the BS about newly shaped body and strength? Smh

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back