• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

When can we break the top 25 again?

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
I think if we don't win the next three, we aren't in the top 25 for the rest of the year. Yes, that would include tOSU.

Last edited:

We will return to the top 25 when we have demonstrated that we deserve to be there. We got into the top 25 earlier this year based on pixie dust and hope. I doubt voters make that mistake again. This team is going to have to show they can play a full game well. The first half of the CU game was a great start. But it’s time that the players and coaches show they can do that for 4 quarters instead of two. A good start would be to come out of halftime ready to snap the ball without having to burn a time out.

It AM and company don’t turn things around soon, we will not see the top 25 and likely will not even make it to a bowl game. A team that must rely on special teams and defense to score their points is not going to win many games.

We will return to the top 25 when we have demonstrated that we deserve to be there. We got into the top 25 earlier this year based on pixie dust and hope. I doubt voters make that mistake again. This team is going to have to show they can play a full game well. The first half of the CU game was a great start. But it’s time that the players and coaches show they can do that for 4 quarters instead of two. A good start would be to come out of halftime ready to snap the ball without having to burn a time out.

It AM and company don’t turn things around soon, we will not see the top 25 and likely will not even make it to a bowl game. A team that must rely on special teams and defense to score their points is not going to win many games.

This pre season top 25 ranking was all blue sky BS.

Hopefully it’s not a concern for anyone on the team or staff at this point. Just win football games and the ranking piece takes care of itself.

Hopefully it’s not a concern for anyone on the team or staff at this point. Just win football games and the ranking piece takes care of itself.
This. Just win and NU will move on up. No sense worrying about it. Win win win. You’ll move right on up. Not beating Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa, and maybe a few others with that performance we saw at Colorado. Can’t worry about the rankings. Need to worry about just playing a complete game.

I think if we don't win the next three, we aren't in the top 25 for the rest of the year. Yes, that would include tOSU.
It's not far fetched we could lose to OSU then get to 6-2 and be top 25, and then more probable with each win after. Very likely would be at 8-2 after beating Wisconsin. I'm not inclined to spend time worrying about it though, because team has some work to do before that becomes realistic.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back