• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Whats with Terrence Lewis?

If you all do some digging, it becomes apparent ego isn't the main issue here.........

Yeah he comes with some major baggage. Schools like Alabama, Ohio State, etc. can afford to move on to the next guy even though there are less than 20 kids in his class with his sort of athleticism and natural talent. That's because they can move on to other five-star kids or four-star talents with huge potential themselves.

IMPO, Nebraska should still take a flier on a guy like this because if he hits, you've got a real difference maker on your hands. It's like the chance they took on Mo Washington. If he doesn't conform, you move on. Sometimes it works out and you get an All-American, sometimes it turns out like Washington and you're left shrugging your shoulders and wondering what could have been if the kid had his priorities straight.

Yeah he comes with some major baggage. Schools like Alabama, Ohio State, etc. can afford to move on to the next guy even though there are less than 20 kids in his class with his sort of athleticism and natural talent. That's because they can move on to other five-star kids or four-star talents with huge potential themselves.

IMPO, Nebraska should still take a flier on a guy like this because if he hits, you've got a real difference maker on your hands. It's like the chance they took on Mo Washington. If he doesn't conform, you move on. Sometimes it works out and you get an All-American, sometimes it turns out like Washington and you're left shrugging your shoulders and wondering what could have been if the kid had his priorities straight.

Major baggage is an understatement to say the least

Not sure we need another cancer after the turmoil we have been through.....

That was my thought also RR. How many chances would he get? Frost talks about establishing culture a lot, but he could be taking a big risk here IMO. They must have decided it’s worth it if they are pursuing him.

Kid got kicked off arguably the top school in Florida, big time player, even bigger ego, not a fan of players who think they are untouchable, if you do a little reach it’s pretty apparent why most top schools backed off, if you can control him keep his head on right, bit time get for whoever he ends up with, but also a kid who could be out of football in a short time. I’d pass, But that’s just my opinion.

Last edited:
Kid got kicked off arguably the top school in Florida, big time player, even bigger ego, not a fan of players who think they are untouchable, if you do a little reach it’s pretty apparent why most top schools backed off, if you can control him keep his head on right, bit time get for whoever he ends up with, but also a kid who could be out of football in a short time. I’d pass, But that’s just my opinion.
I should correct myself it wasn’t the football team that kicked him off, the school kicked him out.

Last edited:

Major baggage is an understatement to say the least

Not sure we need another cancer after the turmoil we have been through.....
Especially since Frost has preached culture. Not sure of the cultural fit. Also, the article link is not accurate(particularly school names). And wonder about the rumors of reasons for school change.

Great post and agree, take a chance for sure if the opportunity arises but only after doing some major back ground check and talking with him and letting him know that his leash is real short. But yeah, major baggage.

Last edited:
IMO the problem with Mo was not that we took a chance on him, it's that he seemed to have his own set of rules compared to others. If we are able to sway Lewis, we put a support system around him and hold him accountable to the same rules and expectations as the rest of the team. Our society seems to love 2nd chances and comeback stories, would love for us to help him turn his life around while at the same time him helping to turn our program around.

If only saints were allowed to play college football, TO would still be searching for his first NC....

IMO the problem with Mo was not that we took a chance on him, it's that he seemed to have his own set of rules compared to others. If we are able to sway Lewis, we put a support system around him and hold him accountable to the same rules and expectations as the rest of the team. Our society seems to love 2nd chances and comeback stories, would love for us to help him turn his life around while at the same time him helping to turn our program around.

If only saints were allowed to play college football, TO would still be searching for his first NC....
Honestly he had a good support system where he was at, there is a reason HS coaches wouldn’t even touch him, when he had to change schools.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back