• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What's on the menu this weekend?

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
It finally stopped raining here (we've had alternating monsoons/droughts all summer) and the weekend is supposed to be pretty descent so I will most likely be on the grill tomorrow.

My daughter came for dinner last weekend and I had intended to make a pork tenderloin but she wanted carnitas, instead (holy crap were those delicious).

So, I'm thinking of grilling a tenderloin this weekend. I have a pretty good recipe for a mustard and herb crust that I've done before but I want to do something different. I'm thinking something with a Caribbean twist. Anyone have any thoughts?

What are you all cooking this weekend?

Last edited:

It finally stopped raining here (we've had alternating monsoons/droughts all summer) and the weekend is supposed to be pretty descent so I will most likely be on the grill tomorrow.

My daughter came for dinner last weekend and I had intended to make a pork tenderloin but she wanted carnitas, instead (holy crap were those delicious).

So, I'm thinking of grilling a tenderloin this weekend. I have a pretty good recipe for a mustard and herb crust that I've done before but I want to do something different. I'm thinking something with a Caribbean twist. Anyone have any thoughts?

What are you all cooking this weekend?

I love stuffing a tenderloin with apples and onion. Mix in sage and a little brown sugar (breadcrumbs, butter, apple juice and chicken broth for a base) and you're in heaven! Make extra stuffing that you cook on the side/in a dish with the tenderloin!

I have some pork chops I need to grill this weekend I think, not sure exactly what I want to do with those though.

Pizza from scratch sounds awesome right now. So does ravioli, guess I'm on a carb kick for some reason (maybe I'm pregnant).

Anyone have a good fish and chips recipe? I haven't done that in forever and not sure where my recipe is for that.

I love stuffing a tenderloin with apples and onion. Mix in sage and a little brown sugar (breadcrumbs, butter, apple juice and chicken broth for a base) and you're in heaven! Make extra stuffing that you cook on the side/in a dish with the tenderloin!

I have some pork chops I need to grill this weekend I think, not sure exactly what I want to do with those though.

Pizza from scratch sounds awesome right now. So does ravioli, guess I'm on a carb kick for some reason (maybe I'm pregnant).

Anyone have a good fish and chips recipe? I haven't done that in forever and not sure where my recipe is for that.

I like to keep my fish and chips simple so I just go with a beer batter that consists of one 12 oz Heineken, 1 1/2 cup flour and salt, pepper and garlic powder. That sounds really good too, NU. And, its getting close to lunchtime. ;)

Here's the recipe I use for feta and spinach stuffed chops;

4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
5 sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil, diced
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese $
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops, trimmed $
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 2 garlic cloves; sauté 1 minute. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, tomatoes, and spinach; sauté until moisture evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses and rind.

Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each pork chop to form a pocket. Stuff about 1/4 cup spinach mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper over pork. Arrange pork on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan coated with cooking spray; place rack in pan. Combine remaining 2 garlic cloves, juice, mustard, and oregano in a bowl; stir well. Brush half of mustard mixture over pork. Broil 6 minutes; turn pork. Brush remaining mixture over pork; broil 2 minutes or until done.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pork-chops-stuffed-with-feta-spinach

Instead of cooking them in the oven, I grill them. I also finely dice a sweet variety of apple and stuff some of that in there, in place of the sun dried tomatoes. I've made these a couple of times and they're awesome. Last time I made them was on a hibachi on the deck of a cabin in the Smokies. Rocky Patel in one hand, glass of fine Irish whisky in the other while watching the sun slide behind the peaks. That was heaven.

Then came the hot tub...:eek:

I like to keep my fish and chips simple so I just go with a beer batter that consists of one 12 oz Heineken, 1 1/2 cup flour and salt, pepper and garlic powder. That sounds really good too, NU. And, its getting close to lunchtime. ;)

Here's the recipe I use for feta and spinach stuffed chops;

4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
5 sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil, diced
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese $
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops, trimmed $
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 2 garlic cloves; sauté 1 minute. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, tomatoes, and spinach; sauté until moisture evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses and rind.

Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each pork chop to form a pocket. Stuff about 1/4 cup spinach mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper over pork. Arrange pork on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan coated with cooking spray; place rack in pan. Combine remaining 2 garlic cloves, juice, mustard, and oregano in a bowl; stir well. Brush half of mustard mixture over pork. Broil 6 minutes; turn pork. Brush remaining mixture over pork; broil 2 minutes or until done.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pork-chops-stuffed-with-feta-spinach

Instead of cooking them in the oven, I grill them. I also finely dice a sweet variety of apple and stuff some of that in there, in place of the sun dried tomatoes. I've made these a couple of times and they're awesome. Last time I made them was on a hibachi on the deck of a cabin in the Smokies. Rocky Patel in one hand, glass of fine Irish whisky in the other while watching the sun slide behind the peaks. That was heaven.

Then came the hot tub...:eek:

I have the skinny chops at home, not think enough for stuffing but this recipe will get used next time I buy the "Iowa chops"! Not a huge fan of sun dried tomatoes despite loving tomatoes (I mean, I freaking love tomatoes!).

Thanks for the fish and chip recipe, I may cook that up for lunch or dinner this weekend!

As to the hot tub, thanks for not going into detail on that like you did with the recipe!

I have the skinny chops at home, not think enough for stuffing but this recipe will get used next time I buy the "Iowa chops"! Not a huge fan of sun dried tomatoes despite loving tomatoes (I mean, I freaking love tomatoes!).

Thanks for the fish and chip recipe, I may cook that up for lunch or dinner this weekend!

As to the hot tub, thanks for not going into detail on that like you did with the recipe!

I'm with you on the sun dried tomatoes.

As for the hot tub details? I don't think the statute of limitations has expired yet. :eek:

Last edited:
Grilled jalepenos with blackberry cream cheese filling. Unfortunately, the bacon was frozen. It would have been magical with bacon.

Grilled jalepenos with blackberry cream cheese filling. Unfortunately, the bacon was frozen. It would have been magical with bacon.

ZOMG! :drool: We need details.

My plans got derailed this weekend as Mama had other ideas. We ended up going to the St Joe's picnic for the children. This is a "picnic" thrown by one of the Catholic churches here. I'd never been to one but as soon as I heard the words "beer garden," I was sold. Turned out to be a great time and I ran into a friend I lost touch with, several years ago.

ZOMG! :drool: We need details.

It's nothing too complex. Mix the jam with cream cheese and stuff it into the cored jalapeños. If I'd had bacon I would have toothpicked a slice over the tip of it all. I have a little stand thing that holds up a dozen or so jalapeños on the grill and I just cook them until the jalapeños are soft.

Friday night will see a large steak on the Weber 22", with beer & scotch flowing. Yeah, I am home alone tomorrow night.:cheers:

Saturday will see me smoke thin pork chops for 4 hours or so, let them cool, and slice thinly for red beans & rice.

Sunday will see yardbird on the kettle.

Last edited:
UCnBiOL.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out where the tape measure comes into play. Is it for measuring the hole the body that you just collected with the gat goes in after you finish your delicious nugget, burger and fries pizza? Or is it to measure one's waistline, afterwards?

Or, is it to measure "performance" while reading Mack's "I love you guys" thread?

Last edited:
I'm still trying to figure out where the tape measure comes into play. Is it for measuring the hole the body that you just collected with the gat goes in after you finish your delicious nugget, burger and fries pizza? Or is it to measure one's waistline, afterwards?

Or, is it to measure "performance" while reading Mack's "I love you guys" thread?

I like how the tape measure is the only thing in that pic you find odd. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

I like how the tape measure is the only thing in that pic you find odd. :thumbsup:

What, you don't eat your pizza with a .45? In retrospect, the tea candle is decidedly non-masculine. I'd have gone with a flame thrower.

Edit: and I just noticed the stiletto. That's weird because everybody knows that you eat pizza with a Ka-Bar.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back