• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Whatever Happened To The Kid From Ohio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husker Eponymous

Scout Team
10 Year Member
who was originally committed to Ohio U, then Bo was named head coach at NU and offered him, then when Ohio State saw this they came in late and offered and he ended up in Columbus???

Is he still at OSU? Starter? Contributor? Buried on the depth chart???

Wouldn't that have been from the 2008 class since Pelini was hired in December 2007? I remember this story but can't remember his name. I don't see anyone on the 2008 Husker recruiting list from HM's homepage that switched and was from OH but Doug Rippy (he went to CU) and some WR and I know it wasn't him.

OK...pretty sure I found him.

Zach Domicone, DB, from Beaverbrook, OH. He is still on their roster. He is listed as a Sophomore but he isn't on their 2-deep depth chart. An Ohio State site I found had a short bio on him before the start of this season and it simply said he didn't play much as a redshirt freshman last season.

He played in 7 games this season, had 4 tackles and scored a TD.

Doesn't look like he's made a huge splash yet...but he still has 2 seasons.

Some stuff I found said he initially switched his commitment from Nebraska to OU and then from OU to OSU when they finally came calling. Seems no one was much interested until Bo offered and lit a recruiting fire. He wouldn't have seen much playing time at Nebraska with the guys Nebraska has had.

I believe you are reffering to Zach Domicone. He has yet to distinguish himself in Columbus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back