• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Whatever happened to Mike Riley?

"I want to thank everyone for their kind words. With a fresh slate, I strongly believe I will have a better overall winning percentage than Scott Frost. You can take that to the bank. I mean, it's basically a given considering my history...and his."

HIP HIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Contrary to popular belief, we will have squat racks in our local Planet Fitness gym.

New Jersey apparently wants to LOSE, and the Shyster found another mark.

Yup. Riley just pulls off one con after another. After 47 years in the business, he's finally scored, big-time, and landed a low 6-figure job coaching in the USFL.

Come on. He was a ridiculous hire for Nebraska, but no 68 year old with $10 million in the bank is putting on some kind of ruse by taking a job like that.

That's one rung below coaching the Charleston Chiefs. Dude obviously loves to coach football.

Last edited:
Yup. Riley just pulls off one con after another. After 47 years in the business, he's finally scored, big-time, and landed a low 6-figure job coaching in the USFL.

Come on. He was a ridiculous hire for Nebraska, but no 68 year old with $10 million in the bank is putting on some kind of ruse by taking a job like that.

That's one rung below coaching the Charleston Chiefs. Dude obviously loves to coach football.
Say what you want...but that sir is the truth.

This is a great gig for an average football coach. I personally think this league may just make it this time around. Concept of feeder to NFL will fill the cap for non college types. Heck with NIL opportunities starting in high school who needs to go to college anymore to reach the NFL.
I wouldn't mind seeing the USFL 2.0 succeed. It just seems like these Springs leagues never last more than 1 or 2 seasons. It is a much different model this time though than it was in the mid-80's when the USFL was in some ways competing against the NFL.

Anyone who was alive in the early 80s could have seen the following QBs in the USFL: Steve Young, Jim Kelly, Doug Williams, Bobby Hebert, Doug Flutie, and Ric Nieuhiesel (sp?).

Mike Riley is no Reggie Dunlop......

I wouldn't mind seeing the USFL 2.0 succeed. It just seems like these Springs leagues never last more than 1 or 2 seasons. It is a much different model this time though than it was in the mid-80's when the USFL was in some ways competing against the NFL.

Anyone who was alive in the early 80s could have seen the following QBs in the USFL: Steve Young, Jim Kelly, Doug Williams, Bobby Hebert, Doug Flutie, and Ric Nieuhiesel (sp?).
I plan to watch, i have decided to become a Gambler Fan.

Rosters are very skinny - under 40 players I think and a taxi squad of 7 or 8. They plan to play 10 games.

The success will depend upon whether Fox or ESPN pick them up though the rumors are that this bunch is better capitalized.

We'll see. Before they folded last time, they were drawing more eyeballs than baseball according to Cowherd. I think they have a shot.

I have far more hope for this league than I do for MR going above .500.

The New Jersey Generals... Are Flutie & Herschel Walker coming back too? man, talk about a blast from the past.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back