• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What Trev Alberts had to say about Frost and staff a year ago

I don't think there's a plan to fire him at all. I didn't mean to insinuate otherwise. I'm just saying I wouldn't take Trev's hiring as a sign that Frost has a longer leash. I still think 4 wins or less and he's gone. 5 likely stays. 6 or more stays for sure.

I think 5 wins is a tough sell at this point. Let’s just hope that doesn’t happen.

Yeah, getting bowl eligible seems to be a foregone conclusion for most fans and I just don't see it. Not with that schedule.
It’s compatible to winning seven or eight games. Don’t make it out to be more than it is. Yes Ohio State and Oklahoma are losses. After that we don’t get out talented by anyone besides Michigan and we have them at home. Look at a team like Tennessee that plays Georgia, Florida, and Alabama every year. That’s a tough schedule.

I honestly think we’re headed for a good season but don’t kid yourself. If the wheels fall off Trev will not be afraid to make a move if he thinks it’s the right move to make. Say we only win four which to me would be highly unlikely, I think he’s gone in that scenario.
I think SF has another year no matter what. I do think we can win more than 4.

Schedule strength doesn't mean crap until the end of November. Prepare to be shocked.

C
Well, it actually does mean something before and during the season, even if it's just a mental edge. I'm done being prepared to be shocked. I love my Huskers and I love Frost, but I'm done with pre-season kool-aid. Until I see some extreme improvement in basic fundamentals, I don't hold much hope for more than 6 wins. Even that will be tough.

It’s compatible to winning seven or eight games. Don’t make it out to be more than it is. Yes Ohio State and Oklahoma are losses. After that we don’t get out talented by anyone besides Michigan and we have them at home. Look at a team like Tennessee that plays Georgia, Florida, and Alabama every year. That’s a tough schedule.
We will get boat raced by Oklahoma. Iowa, NW, Purdue, Illinois, Wisconsin...every single game could go either way with 3 of those games not being favored. Every year I come into the season thinking all those games will be won, and every year we lose 3 or 4 of those. We have failed at basic football fundamentals and have had terrible consistency and discipline for many years. I can see that all improving (hopefully), be we won't be mastering it overnight. 6 wins will be an accomplishment for NU and even that is going to be a tall task.

I think SF has another year no matter what. I do think we can win more than 4.
I agree. Contrary to some opinions on this, Trevor was not brought in to start firing people. That's not how TA works. He believes in building people and helping them grow and become successful in their positions. TA will be a great tool for SF to grow as a coach. SF has at least 2-3 more years under TA. If at that point, TA doesn't see the growth in SF, then he won't be afraid to make that decision of pulling him. But that act is not gonna happen anytime soon.

People have to understand how TA operates as a person and coming in and firing coaches just isn't his typical way of operating. TA is a teacher who is patient and understanding and a guy who wants stability in the athletic department.

I agree. Contrary to some opinions on this, Trevor was not brought in to start firing people. That's not how TA works. He believes in building people and helping them grow and become successful in their positions. TA will be a great tool for SF to grow as a coach. SF has at least 2-3 more years under TA. If at that point, TA doesn't see the growth in SF, then he won't be afraid to make that decision of pulling him. But that act is not gonna happen anytime soon.

People have to understand how TA operates as a person and coming in and firing coaches just isn't his typical way of operating. TA is a teacher who is patient and understanding and a guy who wants stability in the athletic department.
Just curious, you seem to have a pretty intimate knowledge on how Trevor(not heard him called Trevor) is going to operate. Care to elaborate or are you just throwing out an opinion.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back