• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What Trev Alberts had to say about Frost and staff a year ago

Yeah man, I got it, which is why I said I would stop. I did make my comments by saying "with all due respect". It wasn't personal at all. Just making a fair observation.

So this Red Reign guy runs the place then it seems. That's cool. No disrespect to him at all. Having been on some other boards a little bit, they're moderation is fairly loose, so obviously not the case here. That's cool. I just had to learn that. :thumbsup:

Hi nice to meet you ;)

Then again its a family board and the owner David Max wants to keep certain standards because of that

Over all its pretty loose here too

See you around ;) :Biggrin:

RR

Not sure he'd care for my George Strait, Vince Gill, and other 90's country western.

You might be surprised

My musical tastes vary from metal to swing to hard rock to blue grass to country rock to ambient

Bottom line if it sounds good I don't care genre it is

Vince Gill was a great choice for the Eagles then again after his time in Pure Prairie League not really a surprise. Great guitar player to boot

See ya round

RR

Last edited:
Yeah man, I got it, which is why I said I would stop. I did make my comments by saying "with all due respect". It wasn't personal at all. Just making a fair observation.

So this Red Reign guy runs the place then it seems. That's cool. No disrespect to him at all. Having been on some other boards a little bit, they're moderation is fairly loose, so obviously not the case here. That's cool. I just had to learn that. :thumbsup:

‘With all due respect’ is the same as when I say to my buddies, ‘I don’t mean to be a Richard , but’…

No need to qualify. It’s all good. You’re new and you’re welcome here. We’re simply letting you know the way it is here. No need for defending anything.

Welcome to the board.

Last edited:
You might be surprised

My musical tastes vary from metal to swing to hard rock to blue grass to country rock to ambient

Bottom line if it sounds good U don't care genre it is

Vince Gill was a great choice for the Eagles then again after his time in Pure Prairie League not really a surprise. Great guitar player to boot

See ya round

RR
I wouldn’t be surprised with my tastes. We would probably like a few of the same things but my interest in rap and heavy metal definitely aren’t your thing! ;)

I wouldn’t be surprised with my tastes. We would probably like a few of the same things but my interest in rap and heavy metal definitely aren’t your thing! ;)

You'd be wrong

Big fan of Demon Hunter, Armored Saint. Avatar, Ghost, Motionless in White Black Sabbath, Bride, Black Label Society, Hellyeah etc etc

Anyway back on the subject

RR

Well, you don't know Trev very well.

As for top notch coaches coming here...you're entitled to your opinion. I would just ask you why we couldn't get a top notch coach in here when we had to hire, Callahan, Pelion, and Riley? Callahan and Riley weren't even the first choices.

Nebraska is irrelevant on the national stage. We are not a desired destination for top notch, winning, active coaches. I'm sorry, but that's the truth.
Perhaps I do and perhaps I don't. The point is not how well I know Trev it is how observant I might be concerning job opportunities for the up and comers of the sport. Don't fool yourself, this job is still a blue blood job waiting for the gush of success to vault it into a perennial top twenty job.

Pederson screwed up the entire search by not giving Frank one more year, then falling into Callahan. Because of poor performance both were soon gone. Osborn choose a crowd favorite and can't miss tough guy in Pelini. Tom was short term and left and Pelini was soon gone for poor performance. Eichorst married himself to Riley and soon were both gone for -you guessed it poor performance. Moos entered choosing the crowd favorite and young up and comer. Moos is now gone and fans have not seen measurable success with Frost. So..... now enter a new AD in Trev and success must be seen or.....rinse and repeat.

There is no shortage on coaches who would want to land in Lincoln. The key has alway been hiring an AD who can find the right fit for the football program. Frost, after learning the lessons of the last three years, might be that guy. This year will tell. By the way, your last sentence, "We are not a desired destination for top notch, winning, active coaches. I'm sorry, but that's the truth", rings hollow. There are only 3-5 schools in the country who could pull out a top notch winning active coach from any program. Ohio State and Alabama are the first two in that group. Kind a silly thing to set as your measuring stick.

‘With all due respect’ is the same as when I say to my buddies, ‘I don’t mean to be a Richard , but’…

No need to qualify. It’s all good. You’re new and you’re welcome here. We’re simply letting you know the way it is here. No need for defending anything.

Welcome to the board.
With all due respect, I don't use that term to be Richard. Yes, there's always a need to qualify and defend as is evidence by how this thread went. :Lol::thumbsup:;)

Perhaps I do and perhaps I don't. The point is not how well I know Trev it is how observant I might be concerning job opportunities for the up and comers of the sport. Don't fool yourself, this job is still a blue blood job waiting for the gush of success to vault it into a perennial top twenty job.

Pederson screwed up the entire search by not giving Frank one more year, then falling into Callahan. Because of poor performance both were soon gone. Osborn choose a crowd favorite and can't miss tough guy in Pelini. Tom was short term and left and Pelini was soon gone for poor performance. Eichorst married himself to Riley and soon were both gone for -you guessed it poor performance. Moos entered choosing the crowd favorite and young up and comer. Moos is now gone and fans have not seen measurable success with Frost. So..... now enter a new AD in Trev and success must be seen or.....rinse and repeat.

There is no shortage on coaches who would want to land in Lincoln. The key has alway been hiring an AD who can find the right fit for the football program. Frost, after learning the lessons of the last three years, might be that guy. This year will tell. By the way, your last sentence, "We are not a desired destination for top notch, winning, active coaches. I'm sorry, but that's the truth", rings hollow. There are only 3-5 schools in the country who could pull out a top notch winning active coach from any program. Ohio State and Alabama are the first two in that group. Kind a silly thing to set as your measuring stick.
Okay bro.

Hi nice to meet you ;)

Then again its a family board and the owner David Max wants to keep certain standards because of that

Over all its pretty loose here too

See you around ;) :Biggrin:

RR
I get it man. Thanks for the welcome and truly no disrespect meant. Just getting used to how things run here. I will definitely say it's a much more polite board here, which is one of the reasons I came.

God bless bro. :thumbsup:

I get it man. Thanks for the welcome and truly no disrespect meant. Just getting used to how things run here. I will definitely say it's a much more polite board here, which is one of the reasons I came.

God bless bro. :thumbsup:

No disrespect taken what so ever

Speaking of Vince Gill "These Days" the box set is awesome

Blessings to you to

RR

With all due respect, I don't use that term to be Richard. Yes, there's always a need to qualify and defend as is evidence by how this thread went. :Lol::thumbsup:;)
You may be misreading my post a bit, which happens. It’s hard to read tone and intention on a message board. To be clear, I’m not trying to bust your boys. Again, welcome to the board.

Good post.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back