• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What Trev Alberts did on Sunday.

I agree. One thing I'd add is that this isn't just all because of Trev. Trev doesn't coach the team. Scott does. So while Trev has come in and created a better atmosphere of leadership and environment, Scott too has been growing and maturing and making decisions that have led to the product we see on the field.
THIS!

Interesting that that growth began to manifest itself just a hair after Alberts arrived on the scene.
And, they very well may be directly linked. Maybe there were some conversations that helped Frost focus on a plan of action. It's also plausible to think that once Frost lost to Illinois, he had to be thinking that he was going to be a failure at NU if things didn't change, stat. Even Frost had to realize he couldn't keep fielding a team that performed like that, and expect to go on the recruiting trail and be successful, or pitch "patience" to the fans any longer. Frost has some shortcomings for sure, but he isn't an idiot and had to realize how the same movie was playing out during the Illinois loss...

And, they very well may be directly linked. Maybe there were some conversations that helped Frost focus on a plan of action. It's also plausible to think that once Frost lost to Illinois, he had to be thinking that he was going to be a failure at NU if things didn't change, stat. Even Frost had to realize he couldn't keep fielding a team that performed like that, and expect to go on the recruiting trail and be successful, or pitch "patience" to the fans any longer. Frost has some shortcomings for sure, but he isn't an idiot and had to realize how the same movie was playing out during the Illinois loss...

If Frost only realized he might be a failure after the Illinois loss this year, he is most definitely an idiot.

However, he is not an idiot.

Trev fixed culture in 4 weeks what Frost was unable to do in 4 years.

One thing I've noticed is when he talks it sounds a little like articulate executive bureaucratese, but still he is often saying something substantial, which makes sense and shows good judgement of the situation, and shows consistency over time. Even when people can't exactly put their finger on exactly why, they fall in behind people who can truly do that, because we all long to be well led and we all want to do something great.

I better hold back a little because I don't want to annoint him as the second coming. It's still early. But at this point I couldn't be more pleased with Alberts.
I think at this point 99.9% would agree with your post. I’ll add something that I passed on from my insider this summer. Trev was not brought in to fire Scott Frost. He was brought into save him. In spite of the record I think both Trev and Scott are accomplishing their goals from that standpoint.

If Frost only realized he might be a failure after the Illinois loss this year, he is most definitely an idiot.

However, he is not an idiot.

Trev fixed culture in 4 weeks what Frost was unable to do in 4 years.
You might be correct. I guess we will never know the detailed content of those closed door conversations between Trev and Frost. At this point, I don't give 3 sh^ts why things change, I just want things to change to get the program on the right track so this horror show of the last several years can end......

So I skipped all the usually bickering back and forth about the same stuff and thought I would post this little tidbit. In speaking with a colleague last night I was told that Trev visited a pretty big donor on my town, very recently, I don't know what the discussion was about except one portion. It was told to me that Trev meets with Scott once a week, same day same time (standing meeting) and they talk, not about x's and o's and any of the on field stuff, but what the Administration can do to help him. Off the field stuff. If this is true, and I have no reason to think it isn't, then even more respect for Trev. I think we are fortunate to have Trev in his position and I think he will do everything he can to give Scott the tools he needs to succeed.

That is all I have to say about that.

So I skipped all the usually bickering back and forth about the same stuff and thought I would post this little tidbit. In speaking with a colleague last night I was told that Trev visited a pretty big donor on my town, very recently, I don't know what the discussion was about except one portion. It was told to me that Trev meets with Scott once a week, same day same time (standing meeting) and they talk, not about x's and o's and any of the on field stuff, but what the Administration can do to help him. Off the field stuff. If this is true, and I have no reason to think it isn't, then even more respect for Trev. I think we are fortunate to have Trev in his position and I think he will do everything he can to give Scott the tools he needs to succeed.

That is all I have to say about that.
I agree. Trev is doing everything to save Scott. Not undermine him to fire him like SE did to Bo.

Hey 10 years in the service and I agree that the military knows what and how it operates. Let’s not try to fool ourselves that their leadership style translates into the civil side real well.

It does not, but through the discipline that comes with military life, frequently produces leaders who can lead anywhere. It’s not 100% by any stretch of the imagination.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back