• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What surprised you most about the presser.

trev-alberts-1994-orange-bowl.jpg

Was there some buyout from the Panthers as part of his salary or was that separate? Trying to figure out the 3 way negotiations thing they discussed.
My guess is it was even more backloaded than it is now, and Carolina protested. Carolina has to make up the difference between his new salary, and what they owe him for the length of his contract with Carolina. For example if carolina owed him 9 mil per year for the next 5 years Nebraska could pay him 4.5mil and Carolina would have to make up the other 4.5. But, I'm sure there is something in the contract that says he has to make the going rate for the position he accepts, so Carolina probably protested.

Ewoks are fast blinkers, they smoke cigars while they take a difficult, esoteric written exam in order to earn their wings. I'm surprised Coach Rhule didn't mention that.

Rhule mentioned that he and his family intend to be visible in the community. I am a little concerned he may not completely understand the amount of attention he will receive whenever he is out in public in Nebraska. Good luck with having a quiet dinner out with your family! It will come with at least 20 requests for autographs and selfies, probably more! ;)

Rhule at the conference:

" I want to be visible in the community"

Rhule after 3 months of interacting with Husker fans:

SphericalAffectionateAiredale-size_restricted.gif

I put the over/under at 6 weeks. :thumbsup:

I can tell you what sucked the most - I was too busy to watch or listen. Sounds like it was a huge success.

Regarding Matt’s height, he played linebacker at Linebacker U back when it still meant something and that’s good enough for me.
I was able to watch it during some downtime on a bathroom remodel, his passion seems second to none and demands nothing but excellence. He wants our guys competing in everything. As the saying goes, winning cures all

I don't understand the gossipy old women on this thread that are shocked at Rhule's height. Listed at 6' on the Pstate roster but probably a lot closer to 5'11". Solich was 5'7" and won games. The Bobfather was around 5'9" and he won games. Satan wins games at Bama and he's not 6'. Are we now to expect coaches to be 6' or taller now before we respect them and trust they are a capable coach? Think about it........this 5'11" man has an annual salary that dwarfs the lifetime earnings of what - 90%+ of Husker Max subscribers? Just think how much more he could earn if he was 6' or taller !! LOL girls

My guess is it was even more backloaded than it is now, and Carolina protested. Carolina has to make up the difference between his new salary, and what they owe him for the length of his contract with Carolina. For example if carolina owed him 9 mil per year for the next 5 years Nebraska could pay him 4.5mil and Carolina would have to make up the other 4.5. But, I'm sure there is something in the contract that says he has to make the going rate for the position he accepts, so Carolina probably protested.
If we are paying him 9 million a year Carolina doesn’t even matter. The question is probably the length that Carolina would continue to be on the hook if we were to fire him short of that commitment with cause. In which case Carolina is still on the hook.

I would think the real difference would be what Carolina is going to pay to get out of their obligation. Is it a lump sum 10 million or something like that and does that go to Rhule or the university.

It’s not unusual for them to negotiate a lower upfront payment rather than the full amount over the duration. We paid Bo over the length. We ended up buying out Mike Riley’s early.

If we are paying him 9 million a year Carolina doesn’t even matter. The question is probably the length that Carolina would continue to be on the hook if we were to fire him short of that commitment with cause. In which case Carolina is still on the hook.

I would think the real difference would be what Carolina is going to pay to get out of their obligation. Is it a lump sum 10 million or something like that and does that go to Rhule or the university.

It’s not unusual for them to negotiate a lower upfront payment rather than the full amount over the duration. We paid Bo over the length. We ended up buying out Mike Riley’s early.
Actually, the contract averages out to 9 mil a year, but we are only paying him 5 mil the first year which leaves Carolina on the hook for the other 4 mil. . That is the way I understand it, I may be wrong, but I don't think so. The years the Carolina contract covers, his salary must add up to what they owed him for that year, the years following that, Carolina is out of the picture.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back