• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What surprised you most about the presser.

This is pretty funny.....I'm trying to imagine cannons going off in that enclosed space. :Lol:

I liked this quote from Shatel's article:
Winning the press conference is overrated. But connecting with his audience the way Rhule did is not.

Last edited:

How in tune he was with the Husker fan base. He seemed to understand our hopes and anxieties. He addressed a lot of things like why he was here and what he intended to do in a very satisfying way.

Was there some buyout from the Panthers as part of his salary or was that separate? Trying to figure out the 3 way negotiations thing they discussed.

His clean squared away appearance, not looking hungover.......not blurting out asinine statements and demands.

No Copenhagen drip. In a professional setting.
I think I read that he is a teetotaler, so if he looks disheveled in the future it should just be because of late nights in the office and hard work. ;)

Rhule mentioned that he and his family intend to be visible in the community. I am a little concerned he may not completely understand the amount of attention he will receive whenever he is out in public in Nebraska. Good luck with having a quiet dinner out with your family! It will come with at least 20 requests for autographs and selfies, probably more! ;)

Rhule mentioned that he and his family intend to be visible in the community. I am a little concerned he may not completely understand the amount of attention he will receive whenever he is out in public in Nebraska. Good luck with having a quiet dinner out with your family! It will come with at least 20 requests for autographs and selfies, probably more! ;)
Rhule at the conference:

" I want to be visible in the community"

Rhule after 3 months of interacting with Husker fans:

SphericalAffectionateAiredale-size_restricted.gif

I can tell you there was more than 4 inches there. Lol.
MR's height is offically listed at 5'6" so he's on the short side. Of course that has absolutely nothing to do with his coaching abilities which everyone already knows.

Was there some buyout from the Panthers as part of his salary or was that separate? Trying to figure out the 3 way negotiations thing they discussed.

Me too.

Did we have to pony up more for a buyout or did Carolina renegotiate some of their #'s?

Coach Rhule looks sort of like an Ewok but when he opens his mouth he is a very captivating speaker, clearly intelligent, and very charismatic.
ewok.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back