• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What should Frost do to turn this around? Optimism?

My opinion is the past is the past. We cannot try to go back to 1997. It isn't going to happen.

To build from where we are at. We need incremental improvement. That should lead to recruitment of better playas. That should lead to better playing in your system. Even Mike Leach can play basketball on grass and hurt folks, this isn't all about power. It's about being the best at what you do. And I feel like we are a C- tweener. We haven't decided what we are yet.

Own something and crush it. Make it hurt people's feelings. But please don't say Paul Johnson ever again. If he isn't doing it at Georgia Tech he isn't doing it here. Scott Frost knows the same stuff, glad he isn't doing it here.

The easy truth is you need big fast people.

If you don't......spread folks out and try to get speedsters to split the gaps and take it to the house. There needs to be a long term plan here. You can transition from something not optimal to optimal over time but I don't see that thought process playing out anywhere. It is such a huge combination of things.

The absence of a running game is ridiculous. I don't think a USC transfer fixes anything. We have nothing but hype in the RB room. That is status quo. Until someone rises up and gets their name known.....The DB's are better, I feel the D in general is getting better. The mistakes are crazy. The lack of ability to have a passing game and a running game is crazy. The lack of good special teams.....

Three years and small things are moving forward. But maybe this is the price of 25 + years of being irrelevant.

Last edited:
One thing he could do is take a class in Coach Speak so his comments do not come back and haunt him. I wonder if Coach Osborne is teaching this class next semester? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think we know what we are. It's been well documented that many of our offensive struggles have boiled down to plain execution. Missed assignments, untimely penalties, and turnovers cost this team a significant number of wins the last few years. Nebraska is way down the national rankings in those areas. I think most people here would be impressed and pleased with our offense if we could make improvements in those areas. it doesn't require a change in offensive philosophies. It doesn't require a change in recruiting strategy. It just requires executing at the level of a Northwestern or an Ohio State. Teams that don't shoot themselves in the foot every other drive.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back