• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What new contributors excite you!

Offense:Sevion Morrison. If he could be “the back” then we could have a dominant run game because he may be the only one we have who can both bring it between the tackles and take it to the house. I say this because I don’t think Stepp plays significant time with his injury history.

Defense: Garrett Nelson. He seems to have the physical skills but has not yet developed the “it” factor on the field to be a dominant defensive end like Trev Albert’s was. That’s what I see in him and would like to have 2021 be for him as a breakthrough year.
8-10 sacks and a boatload of QB hurries.

GBR

Last edited:

Offense:Sevion Morrison. If he could be “the back” then we could have a dominant run game because he may be the only one we have who can both bring it between the tackles and take it to the house. I say this because I don’t think Stepp plays significant time with his injury history.

Defense: Garrett Nelson. He seems to have the physical skills but has not yet developed the “it” factor on the field to be a dominant defensive end like Trev Albert’s was. That’s what I see in him and would like to have 2021 be for him as a breakthrough year.
8-10 sacks and a boatload of QB hurries.

GBR
Garrett Nelson has all the tools in his toolbox. He is a high motor guy that once he figure it all out could be a star at Nebraska! Morrison doesn’t get mentioned as much as I think he should. Like I said any running back emerging would excite me.

I am interested in whomever starts at RB. It seems like we can't get a running game going at all. Devine Ozigbo is the last guy I remember really being a tough runner who could make things happen. Washington was fast. We need electricity at that spot. And anyone who could catch everything coming their way. WR or TE.

I am interested in whomever starts at RB. It seems like we can't get a running game going at all. Devine Ozigbo is the last guy I remember really being a tough runner who could make things happen. Washington was fast. We need electricity at that spot. And anyone who could catch everything coming their way. WR or TE.
We have some talent in that running back room according to the recruiting people. A few like Morrison and Scott have been mentioned in this thread. I think we’re good at receiver with Toure, Manning, and Martin. Not sure what the depth looks like behind this three other than Xavier Betts.

I’m with you on Toure and Manning. I’ll add Fidone as the #1 TE recruit in the nation. He looks like the real deal. Hope he’s healthy. If so he’s going to be a matchup nightmare for defenses. I’m also excited about another true freshman, Gabe Ervin. I think he may be the best complete RB we have on the roster. He’s too good not to see the field as a freshman imo.

On defense I’m also on the Polar Bear Express. His family is just up the road from my summer hangout. This kid is going to turn heads in the B1G. As others, I’m also high on Kolarevic. This kid was a tackling machine at UNI. He’s a student of the game and will be an important leader for the Blackshirts in 2021. And I’d like to say Payne but he’s not really a newcomer anymore. But I’m hoping for him to bust out as a pass rusher. We need it.

On the line, I’m as excited as everyone else about Corcoran. Future All B1G. And honorable mention, so to speak, goes to Blaise Gunnerson. I’m anxious to see if he’s fully recovered from hip surgery. I’m excited to see what he can do.

I'm going to take a slightly different approach. Even though he contributed a little last year, I truly believe Oliver Martin is going to lead the team in receptions this year. Having more time in the system I think it'll do him a lot of good. I think he becomes Martinez's safety blanket.

On the defensive side of the ball I can't wait to see the type of impact the Polar Bear has on the team.
OK... you have a gentlemans bet on who will be the leading receiver this season. I'm saying it's Toure and yours is Oliver. I hope it's a heck of a competition which should mean our offense should be rolling in high gear. :Salute:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back