• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What new contributors excite you!

Frosty1980

Go Big Red!
5 Year Member
It’s offseason and we are bored. Instead of starting a Spielman is overrated thread I thought let’s do something positive. So what players excite you this upcoming season. I’m looking for guys making their first true major contribution to the team. Some on here like myself don’t get as hyped over recruiting. We get excited for the kids once we see some actual discussion of them playing. I’m looking forward to seeing Toure and Manning. I think we finally have some legitimate downfield threats for our veteran QB. Might be a fun thread if we don’t screw it up.

It’s offseason and we are bored. Instead of starting a Spielman is overrated thread I thought let’s do something positive. So what players excite you this upcoming season. I’m looking for guys making their first true major contribution to the team. Some on here like myself don’t get as hyped over recruiting. We get excited for the kids once we see some actual discussion of them playing. I’m looking forward to seeing Toure and Manning. I think we finally have some legitimate downfield threats for our veteran QB. Might be a fun thread if we don’t screw it up.
You picked both players I'm very excited to see playing this season. I also have a WAG that AM is going to light it up this season.

I'm going to take a slightly different approach. Even though he contributed a little last year, I truly believe Oliver Martin is going to lead the team in receptions this year. Having more time in the system I think it'll do him a lot of good. I think he becomes Martinez's safety blanket.

On the defensive side of the ball I can't wait to see the type of impact the Polar Bear has on the team.

Last edited:

I'm going to take a slightly different approach. Even though he contributed a little last year, I truly believe Oliver Martin is going to lead the team in receptions this year. Having more time in the system I think it'll do him a lot of good. I think he becomes Martinez's safety blanket.

On the defensive side of the ball I can't wait to see the type of impact the Polar Bear has on the team.
That approach is fine with me. I don’t want to limit this to freshman or young players. It can be any player that’s taking a step towards playing more or improving their game. Yes Martin is someone I expect to take a huge jump this season. The Polar Bear is someone I’ve been excited about for awhile.

Last edited:

Who are we calling Polar Bear? I like it. And I like defense!

I am excited to see what Turner Corcoran(relatively new contributor) can do starting at left tackle. He had a real good game for his first start against Rutgers last season. He also seems to already have that nasty streak as an offensive lineman. It would be great for Nebraska if he can turn into a dominant starter for the next 3-4 seasons!!

9184081.jpg

Last edited:

My 'Kade Warner will overperform' call last year was such a winner, I'll jump in again.

Really looking forward to Corcoran & the new look offensive line. Cerni & a weapon in the special teams game, if he can get all the way healthy & put it all together. And Kolarevic on defense.

My 'Kade Warner will overperform' call last year was such a winner, I'll jump in again.

Really looking forward to Corcoran & the new look offensive line. Cerni & a weapon in the special teams game, if he can get all the way healthy & put it all together. And Kolarevic on defense.
I like it a lot. You went with two guys in Cerni and Kolarevic that I doubt a lot of posters know about. Good post my friend!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back