• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What lies ahead won't be easy

Powder Creek

Semper Paratus
10 Year Member
While our lady huskers have gotten off to a decent/good start this basketball season, the next month or so will really show us where they stand in the B1G. The NCAA Evaluation Tool (NET) is the primary sorting tool used by the NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee for determining NCAA Tournament teams.

Here's list of upcoming games with opponent NET ranking. For reference Nebraska is at #31.
Dec. 28 Michigan #20
Jan. 1 @Indiana #4
Jan. 7 @Rutgers NR
Jan. 11 Penn State NR
Jan. 14 Ohio State #9
Jan. 18 @Purdue #39
Jan. 22 Maryland #28
Jan. 28 @Iowa #15
Feb. 2 Michigan State #33

It's definitely a big-girl schedule. I hope they're up to the challenge which may require getting everyone including Weidner healthy.

A hard pill to swallow, losing Allison Weidner for the season.

1672295111701.png

If there is a silver lining it is that other players will have to step-up. I think we saw a little of that in Callin Hake's play and Kendall Moriarity tonight. They will of necessity get more minutes and opportunities to improve their games than they otherwise would have. The player I'd also like to see improve their game is Kendall Coley - I think she will get the chance.

While our lady huskers have gotten off to a decent/good start this basketball season, the next month or so will really show us where they stand in the B1G. The NCAA Evaluation Tool (NET) is the primary sorting tool used by the NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee for determining NCAA Tournament teams.

Here's list of upcoming games with opponent NET ranking. For reference Nebraska is at #31.
Dec. 28 Michigan #20
Jan. 1 @Indiana #4
Jan. 7 @Rutgers NR
Jan. 11 Penn State NR
Jan. 14 Ohio State #9
Jan. 18 @Purdue #39
Jan. 22 Maryland #28
Jan. 28 @Iowa #15
Feb. 2 Michigan State #33

It's definitely a big-girl schedule. I hope they're up to the challenge which may require getting everyone including Weidner healthy.

A hard pill to swallow, losing Allison Weidner for the season.

View attachment 92390

If there is a silver lining it is that other players will have to step-up. I think we saw a little of that in Callin Hake's play and Kendall Moriarity tonight. They will of necessity get more minutes and opportunities to improve their games than they otherwise would have. The player I'd also like to see improve their game is Kendall Coley - I think she will get the chance.

IMHO, Kendall didn't even play her best game against Michigan. I've wondered for several games just what Amy Williams needed to see to give her a start. The only thing I can figure out is that Amy likes Kendall coming in as a spark off the bench. As for Hake, I could see her supplanting Krull in the starting lineup soon.

The team culture is just so special, and its one that I believe will bring championships to Lincoln, I was worried about players coming in from the portal messing things up. I think the staff may have only signed one player from the portal for just that reason. In hindsight, that decision hasn't worked out.

Any chance somebody could convince Whitney to transfer back in the next week or so? Without Allison on the court, this team misses the Mob Boss.

......The team culture is just so special, and its one that I believe will bring championships to Lincoln, I was worried about players coming in from the portal messing things up. I think the staff may have only signed one player from the portal for just that reason. In hindsight, that decision hasn't worked out.

Any chance somebody could convince Whitney to transfer back in the next week or so? Without Allison on the court, this team misses the Mob Boss.

:ph34r:
(Saw this elsewhere)
I don't know the situation with Whitney Brown. :( I hope it isn't injury-related.

She is no longer listed on the Fort Hays roster. She played in December but now has disappeared.
.....followed her stats at Fort Hays St. off and on this season. She played a little more earlier in the season although never a starter. Playing time was down to less then 5 minutes per game in the Jan 2nd game and then after 15 games nothing.

RE: Kendall Coley. I've seen it speculated one reason for her seemingly slow development might be she's been playing out of position.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back