• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What is it that the defense doesn't have that makes them successful?

I do have to chuckle, since it was not long ago a good portion of the board was calling for Chinander’s head.

By the way, by this “logic” there are a lot of players and coaches that don’t have anything to do with the defense. How come they aren’t the problem?

Last edited:

Remember that if we shuck Frost, Chins goes with him.

Possibly -- but that's not a guarantee.

There's definitely cases where a new head coaching hire chose to keep some from the previous staff. It really depends on who the next coach is and what he wants to do. Yet, an AD can't really force a new coach to keep assistants that he doesn't want (or you'd have a tough time finding a new head coach).

If Frost is fired, there's a good chance he's not going to roll into another head coaching job right away. If so, it will be at a far lesser program. As of today's Chinander's stock is far higher than Frost's in the coaching world -- so it's unlikely he would follow Frost to his next gig.

Anyhow, you can't keep a head coach around just because you like some of his assistants.

At this point, if Frost didn’t make it the rest of the season (my guess is he will) then I would be in favor of handing the reins to Chin and using it as a tryout. If we finish strong, let him have the team.

I know this is going to be unpopular by many but I'm throwing it out there anyway. Its the one group that Scott Frost has very little involvement in. I didn't think about it myself until one of our ex players pointed it out to me after the game.
I get that you don't like Frost, but I think you're really stretching here.

I know this is going to be unpopular by many but I'm throwing it out there anyway. Its the one group that Scott Frost has very little involvement in. I didn't think about it myself until one of our ex players pointed it out to me after the game.

Popular or not… it’s accurate and telling.

From m year one to present, just look at the improvement and development that we’ve seen from the D compared to that of the Offense and Special Teams. Chin has his phase of the game playing well as a unit.

Just imagine where we’d be if only our Offense and Special Teams would have followed the same trajectory!

Last edited:

Let's be honest though. They have a lot of upperclassmen. Most playing on the DL are JR's and SR's. 1/2 of the DB's are Jr's/Sr's. The LB's are younger but not RFR/FR. That extra year/years (soph and above) makes a huge difference.
Now, with all that being said, I wish Frost's ego would let him give up some paly calling duties. But he won't. And he doesn't have to. He either gets to call plays or get fired and get MILLIONS in a buyout He is the epitome of being in a "win-win" situation.

You already know the answer buddy

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back