• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What is it that the defense doesn't have that makes them successful?

There isn't a part of this program that hasn't been on the hot seat at some point over the last 4 years. Chins has righted the ship on D and props to him, but yeah, he wasn't real popular in year one or two.

In the first two years there were lots of people complaining. I don't think you will ever admit that.
Did you read my post? There will always be people complaining. But complaining about the defense was at the bottom rung of the complaint list

Last edited:
I wasn't one of them...didn't see a lot of it. So go pound sand with your baseless accusations.

If you want to accuse me of complaining....I will gladly state I think Scott is over his head in this conference. And my intuition has proven me correct. Almost weekly.

When Scott proves me wrong...come seek me out. I'll gladly say I'm wrong.

P.S. Don't hold your breath.

Last edited:

Did you read his post? It wasn't the bottom rung during Frost's first 2 years. It was numero uno.
You have a lot of thoughts and guarantees. You've been proven wrong just about every time, Mr 34-14.

You just showed up and now you are the HM historian? Lol. Too funny. Please continue to speak....you know the quote about the fool, don't ya?

Obviously off topic + doesn't fit the jab premise or make them successful... but the initial part of the title (lacking) got me thinking about a disruptive pass rush? (last in the B1G in Sacks) :confused:

love Chins & the D, but sure would like to see a consistent & feared pass rush.

Last edited:
You have a lot of thoughts and guarantees. You've been proven wrong just about every time, Mr 34-14.

You just showed up and now you are the HM historian? Lol. Too funny. Please continue to speak....you know the quote about the fool, don't ya?
So are you saying that there wasn't a lot of posters here calling for Chinanders job or not? Having trouble understanding your opinion here through the deflection.

You have some good posts. Don't play the same game those are other 2 guys are. You're better than that.

Last edited:

I’ve grown to like Chins. D was never going to be a focus of a Frost coached team, but he is the loan bright spot on this coaching staff.

So are you saying that there wasn't a lot of posters here calling for Chinanders job or not? Having trouble understanding your opinion here through the deflection.

You have some good posts. Don't play the same game those are other 2 guys are. You're better than that.
You are having reading comprehension issues here. I clearly stated there were some folks who bashed Chins, but they were in the minority as compared to the poster's (and your) claims. There were far bigger issues elsewhere...and you know that. The poster knows this.

Your opinion of me matters not. I speak my mind which is the point of a discussion forum. Spare me the lecture on who I should be. With your recent posts, you should worry about your own claims and predictions. It hasn't worked out well for ya.

Last edited:
You are having reading comprehension issues here. I clearly stated there were some folks who bashed Chins, but they were in the minority as compared to the poster's (and your) claims. There were far bigger issues elsewhere...and you know that. The poster knows this.

Your opinion of me matters not. I speak my mind which is the point of a discussion forum. Spare me the lecture on who I should be. With your recent posts, you should worry about own claims and predictions. It hasn't worked out well for ya.
Incorrect. They were not the minority. Your memory is not very good. The lack of a defense WAS the biggest issue the first 2 years.

I didn't like the idea of bringing him from UCF, but was okay giving him a shot. After the first 2 seasons, I thought it was a huge mistake. Then he started to turn a corner last season and hasn't looked back. Props to him.
So you were one of those who was bashing Chins! Now it makes sense!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back