• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What is everybody's Christmas meal this year?

Husker USMC

Recruit
2 Year Member
I'll start off with bourbon and brown sugar brined smoked turkey breast. Just took off of smoker so will update on how turned out but so far smells outstanding! Turned out great. Had to get a little creative with smoker outside because temperature was just 5 for a high. Mashed Yukon golds, cornbread stuffing gravy and cannot forget devil eggs.

Last edited:

Wife just finished cooking up a complete turkey dinner with both russet and sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing and bread rolls.

I'll start off with bourbon and brown sugar brined smoked turkey breast. Just took off of smoker so will update on how turned out but so far smells outstanding! Turned out great. Had to get a little creative with smoker outside because temperature was just 5 for a high. Mashed Yukon golds, cornbread stuffing gravy and cannot forget devil eggs.
How was this? I love smoked turkey and am curious if the bourbon/brown sugar went over all.

We did ham, twice baked casserole, green beans, homemade bread, couple of homemade pies, and I'm sure something I'm missing. Next year is a tenderloin, just not a ham fan.

Last edited:

How was this? I love smoked turkey and am curious if the bourbon/brown sugar went over all.

We did ham, twice baked casserole, green beans, homemade bread, couple of homemade pies, and I'm sure something I'm missing. Next year is a tenderloin, just not a ham fan.
Turned out great! Just a little hint of brown sugar with bourbon flavor. Definitely going to do again

Attachments

• KIMG0259.JPG
    KIMG0259.JPG
    979.7 KB · Views: 94

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back