• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What is a Q Collar?

Bean

Grey Shirt
10 Year Member

"A Q Collar is a patented device by the company Q30 that received FDA approval in 2021. Before that, it was worn experimentally by players such as Luke Kuechly.

The Q collar creates a little kink in the jugular vein that increases the flow of blood to the brain.

That extra blood serves as a cushion to the brain when the players are in action."

"Why do NFL players wear Q collars?​

The phenomenon explained above makes all the difference to NFL players who are at a heightened risk of concussion."

Not just for football but for any type sport activity that could result in a brain injury.

Last edited:

"A Q Collar is a patented device by the company Q30 that received FDA approval in 2021. Before that, it was worn experimentally by players such as Luke Kuechly.

The Q collar creates a little kink in the jugular vein that increases the flow of blood to the brain.

That extra blood serves as a cushion to the brain when the players are in action."

The phenomenon explained above makes all the difference to NFL players who are at a heightened risk of concussion."

Not just for football but for any type sport activity that could result in a brain injury.

I'm not a doctor, but my first concern with forced retention of fluid in any vessel is pressure. This isn't a controlled device, but just a physical restriction on the outflow of blood from the brain. In periods of intense activity, your inflow certainly does increase, which is why pressure is a concern.

Hopefully we're not reducing the likely damage from impact only to increase the likelihood of a stroke.

I'm not a doctor, but my first concern with forced retention of fluid in any vessel is pressure. This isn't a controlled device, but just a physical restriction on the outflow of blood from the brain. In periods of intense activity, your inflow certainly does increase, which is why pressure is a concern.

Hopefully we're not reducing the likely damage from impact only to increase the likelihood of a stroke.
Was Barry Bonds wearing one way back when? That would explain his huge melon.

Hbe7e3bb6b0e340f0a917ac44a09fc422a.gif

Sorry. I would not consider mucking round with my circulatory system in that way. I've never heard that blood flow out of the brain exacerbates concussions, or that restricting the normal flow of blood out of your brain and into the rest of your body is a good thing to do. I'll have to dig into the literature a bit.

My immediate fear would be clotting possiblities.

Sorry. I would not consider mucking round with my circulatory system in that way. I've never heard that blood flow out of the brain exacerbates concussions, or that restricting the normal flow of blood out of your brain and into the rest of your body is a good thing to do. I'll have to dig into the literature a bit.

My immediate fear would be clotting possiblities.
J.R. Richard and me.

On July 30, 1980, Richard suffered a stroke and collapsed while playing a game of catch before an Astros game, caused by a blood clot in his neck. His condition brought a sudden end to his major league career at the age of 30. Two-time National League MVPs Johnny Bench and Dale Murphy both named Richard as the toughest pitcher they ever faced.

First is was those stupid nose band-aids, then it was copper-infused apparel, now it's a fancy choker. I gotta think of something...

Pills can thin blood and increase the flow and avoid clotting -- see eliquis for example. I have no knowledge of redirecting blood through use of medication (which doesn't mean medication couldn't do it. It just seems strange to think of road signs in our circulatory system - saying blood don't go to the brain, go to the lower left leg. It's a closed loop.) But I'm just a patient, not a doctor, so what do I know.

Last edited:
Pills can thin blood and increase the flow and avoid clotting -- see eliquis for example. I have no knowledge of redirecting blood through use of medication (which doesn't mean medication couldn't do it. It just seems strange to think of road signs in our circulatory system - saying blood don't go to the brain, go to the lower left leg. It's a closed loop.) But I'm just a patient, not a doctor, so what do I know.

Warfarin pills. I believe cheaper than aspirin.

Warfarin is an anticoagulant used as a medication under several brand names including Coumadin,[8] and as a poison for rats and other pests.[9][10] While the drug is described as a "blood thinner", it does not reduce viscosity but inhibits coagulation, and is commonly used to prevent blood clots in the circulatory system such as deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism, and to protect against stroke

warfarin-300x300.jpg

:eek:....... don't worry, Warfarin Rx pills much weaker than rat killer

Last edited:

"These uses have not been evaluated or cleared by the FDA. Further research is necessary to determine whether the Q-Collar can provide these benefits to users."

Factor V Leiden carriers, Diabetics, etc should definitely do their homework!!!

In my own research and opinion, I would absolutely not recommend this product nor would I let my son wear one. There are much greater risks as some other people have noted i.e. blood clotting resulting in strokes or potentially pulmonary embolisms and cardiac arrests.

When I called the company to ask about these risks/issues, they quickly deferred to "consult your physician", which is another way of saying use at your own risk, we are not liable.

Nope!

Veins direct blood away from organs, back to the heart. The pressure in veins is much lower, requiring much less pressure to restrict blood flow than say, from an artery. If you occlude the carotid artery, you are 4 min from death.

I imagine the proposed mechanism is restricting blood flow from the brain, increasing the fluid cushion around it, which theoretically, reduces concussions.

But this all sounds like a bunch of balderdash.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back