• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What if.....

Southernred

Recruit
5 Year Member
9 games to go in conference play.

What if NU was able to right the ship and go 6-3 (finish 9-11 in conference)

Win a game in conference tourney and make the Dance.

Then, biggest miracle of all, WIN their first round game!!

Thoughts on Miles status at that point??

I don't think Moos is willing to go for another 1 year extension, and you would have to see significant improvement from many players. It actually shouldn't be that hard to make it happen with so many talented players. But...

giphy.gif

OK
I will play along. With what we have seen the last month where are the six wins.

02/06 Maryland
02/09 @Purdue
02/13 Minnesota
02/16 Northwestern
02/19 @Penn State
02/23 Purdue
02/28 @Michigan
03/05 @Michigan State
03/10 Iowa

I see two as a possibility. Not a win but a possibility. That would be Northwestern at Home at @ Penn St.

Get those and we need four more from currently ranked #24 Maryland, #15 Purdue (twice) #7 Mic, #9 Mich St, and #20 Iowa.

If that were to happen, they couldnt fire Miles and that would be unfortunate for the long term health of our program.
Of course, that wont happen.

Even if this very unlikely scenario were to happen, it still wouldn’t be a guarantee...at least not in my mind. The key would be HOW we won games. If Palmer lost his mind and started stroking 3s at a 50% clip and overall at 55%, but the team was still playing and struggling at its current rate, the wins aren’t enough to save Miles. Team/program development is something Miles is being measured on, and with few exceptions, isn’t achieving in the eyes of those who matter.

Even if this very unlikely scenario were to happen, it still wouldn’t be a guarantee...at least not in my mind. The key would be HOW we won games. If Palmer lost his mind and started stroking 3s at a 50% clip and overall at 55%, but the team was still playing and struggling at its current rate, the wins aren’t enough to save Miles. Team/program development is something Miles is being measured on, and with few exceptions, isn’t achieving in the eyes of those who matter.

Shouldn't be a guarantee -- agreed. If a coach has to rely on a miracle to save his job (and yes, this would be a miracle), then you are keeping him around hoping for more miracles. Doesn't sound like a smart business decision.

OK
I will play along. With what we have seen the last month where are the six wins.

02/06 Maryland
02/09 @Purdue
02/13 Minnesota
02/16 Northwestern
02/19 @Penn State
02/23 Purdue
02/28 @Michigan
03/05 @Michigan State
03/10 Iowa

I see two as a possibility. Not a win but a possibility. That would be Northwestern at Home at @ Penn St.

Get those and we need four more from currently ranked #24 Maryland, #15 Purdue (twice) #7 Mic, #9 Mich St, and #20 Iowa.

Exactly.

Five of our last nine games are against four of the top five teams in the conference. Four of those games are against the three teams tied for first! Add in Iowa and Minnesota -- who both have winning conference records. You could easily argue the most difficult part of our schedule has yet to be played. The odds of turning on a switch against that juggernaut -- slim to none, and slim just jumped off a cliff.

I imagine that would save him.
That’s like the Washington generals beating the harlem globetrotters type miracle stuff
Watson’s confidence is shot. Palmer is lost in a funk. What’s his name still picks up three stupid reach fouls per game. Copeland was struggling before he got hurt.

Exactly.

Five of our last nine games are against four of the top five teams in the conference. Four of those games are against the three teams tied for first! Add in Iowa and Minnesota -- who both have winning conference records. You could easily argue the most difficult part of our schedule has yet to be played. The odds of turning on a switch against that juggernaut -- slim to none, and slim just jumped off a cliff.
So, if we run that gauntlet, Miles is back in 2019/2020

Miles is done in Lincoln. The writing is definitely on the wall, and I also would surmise that a new coach hire is already underway.

If that were to happen, they couldnt fire Miles and that would be unfortunate for the long term health of our program.
Of course, that wont happen.
Actually, even under such a scenario they might fire him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back