• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What do you know, salads can be delicious

EastOfEden

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
I was a meat and potato person for 70 years. Then my wife and daughters started eating more vegetables and paying attention to their weight and blood pressure, etc. So in the last 5-10 years I drifted over into eating more vegetables and fruits and away from red meat. I eat a lot of fish, and have red meat only once or twice a month. Many meals are just vegetables. I've lost weight and feel pretty good for someone with a genetic heart ailment.

The point of the post, however, is to say that I have discovered that some of these salad shops that seem to be designed for women's luncheons really serve good food. Salads can really be both tasty and filling. I'm glad I found them and urge others to try them. These are not just lettuce and tomato with thousand island dressing. They are very imaginative and delicious. Give them a try, particularly for lunch.

I love veggies and a good salad. I make most of the meals and there are always a lot of good veggies with our meals. Nothing like a good salad to go with my pasta or steak.

I was a meat and potato person for 70 years. Then my wife and daughters started eating more vegetables and paying attention to their weight and blood pressure, etc. So in the last 5-10 years I drifted over into eating more vegetables and fruits and away from red meat. I eat a lot of fish, and have red meat only once or twice a month. Many meals are just vegetables. I've lost weight and feel pretty good for someone with a genetic heart ailment.

The point of the post, however, is to say that I have discovered that some of these salad shops that seem to be designed for women's luncheons really serve good food. Salads can really be both tasty and filling. I'm glad I found them and urge others to try them. These are not just lettuce and tomato with thousand island dressing. They are very imaginative and delicious. Give them a try, particularly for lunch.
Hy-Vee in Lincoln has a great salad bar, you can eat it there or take it home. Great selection. I'm sure other supermarkets have those as well.

Attachments

• Hy-Vee.jpg
    Hy-Vee.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Just made myself a new salad dressing for lunch. A little roasted walnut oil, splash of balsamic vinegar, and blended with a bit of liquified jalapeno. Nice and nutty, with a bit of zing for a spinach chicken salad with tomato, cucumber, and avocado.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back