• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What do you exoect for next years team?

What do you expect nest year?

• No expectations, let just see what they can do

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Big 10 is so bad I expect we make a Regional

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Make a Super Regional

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Make it to Omaha in June

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • National Champions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HUSKER 4 EVER

All Big 10
15 Year Member
With the staff we has assembled, what are your expectations for next season?

Part of me says to give the staff a year or two to gel and get the players they want in the program. Another part of me says the Big 10 is so bad at baseball that I expect us to make the regionals.

So what do you all think?

I do think there was a lot of room for improvement and going to a slightly weaker conference should allow us to improve record wise. As far as making it to a regional it could be tough. I think we should all send our positive mojo toward Lincoln and hope for the best.

I do think there was a lot of room for improvement and going to a slightly weaker conference should allow us to improve record wise. As far as making it to a regional it could be tough. I think we should all send our positive mojo toward Lincoln and hope for the best.

A slightly weaker conference? You are joking right? The big 10 is by far the weakest BCS league and ranked like 14th of all conferences.

the big 10 has only sent 1 team from their conference to the NCAA's 9 of the 13 years they have went to 64 teams and the last two years Minnesota and Illinois was the only Big 10 team invited and both received a 4 seed.

If we don't win this weak arse conference minimum 4 out 5 years we have trouble....nobody can match our fans, facilities, coaching staff. some big 10 stadiums are smaller than HS stadiums.

Nebraska may win the Big Ten next season -- which would rank them as about the 100th best team in the nation, give them a 4-seed, road regional game, loss, and season over. Some fans might get excited to see Michigan, Penn State, or Ohio State come to Lincoln -- until they realize that these teams are about the equivalent of University of Nebraska-Kearney. It's bad. Really really bad.

Nebraska may win the Big Ten next season -- which would rank them as about the 100th best team in the nation, give them a 4-seed, road regional game, loss, and season over. Some fans might get excited to see Michigan, Penn State, or Ohio State come to Lincoln -- until they realize that these teams are about the equivalent of University of Nebraska-Kearney. It's bad. Really really bad.

I think we can get a 3 seed and maybe even a 2 seed if we have a tough non conference schedule and win some games. I hope we can get some Pac 12 teams and Big 12 teams OOC....at least 3-4 series against them.

I really think we can be good with our staff and if Silva can get our young freshmen starters righted then we could be really tough.

A slightly weaker conference? You are joking right? The big 10 is by far the weakest BCS league and ranked like 14th of all conferences.

the big 10 has only sent 1 team from their conference to the NCAA's 9 of the 13 years they have went to 64 teams and the last two years Minnesota and Illinois was the only Big 10 team invited and both received a 4 seed.

If we don't win this weak arse conference minimum 4 out 5 years we have trouble....nobody can match our fans, facilities, coaching staff. some big 10 stadiums are smaller than HS stadiums.

I was being generous.

After thinking about it some more, with the Big 10 as bad as it is I do exoect us to win both the regular season and tourney next year. IF that does not happen I will not rag on the staff, but will be very disappointed with the season.

If our young pitchers come around with silva's coaching and we find a few hitters, we would have a chance at winning a regional against a non seeded host team. I look forward to watching this Staff take Nu back to the playoffs and hopefully one day to Omaha again.

Interestingly, even if we win the Big10 regular season title, we would still have to win the conference tournament to qualify. We should make a regional, but have no shot to host and to win the regional would be our best hope.

GET TICKETS

Back