• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What did your high school car look like?

1591761920939.png

1972 Gran Torino Sport, but it had a white vinyl top.

Attachments

• 13658720_1.jpg
    13658720_1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 124

I had a Charger

Ok, not a General Lee type Charger, but an '85 Dodge Ram Charger.

View attachment 43469

However, I did get airborne with all four wheels off the ground. There was this intersection in my hometown with huge dips and since the Ram sat up so high I could hit it fast without bottoming out. If I hit it fast enough, I could fly. I only did this a few times because I didn't want to ruin the suspension. I guess I watched too many Dukes of Hazard reruns.

A classmate had one of these. It was cool and I loved seeing that emblem on the hood when I'd ride in it with him. Definitely badass vehicles.

At least you had vette!

I may have told this story already, but when I was in 8th grade I rode in the back of a "Shove ette" from Amarillo, TX to Indianapolis, round trip. I think that's like 2,000 miles. Never been the same since.

Last edited:
I may have told this story already, but when I was in 8th grade I rode in the back of a "Shove ette" from Amarillo, TX to Indianapolis, round trip. I think that's like 2,000. Never been the same since.
LMAO, that would be awful! Riding in the back of a 70s beetle wasn't enjoyable, but I only ride a few hours. I saw a 'vette in HotRod magazine or one of those types that had a big motor with a blower and a tubbed rear end. Same with an Opal GT.

LMAO, that would be awful! Riding in the back of a 70s beetle wasn't enjoyable, but I only ride a few hours. I saw a 'vette in HotRod magazine or one of those types that had a big motor with a blower and a tubbed rear end. Same with an Opal GT.

Worse, the Chevette didn't have factory air. My dad added an after market A/C that didn't work worth squat. Fun times.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back