• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What conference should Nebraska be in?

Forgetting money/academics, and focusing JUST on football, which conference should Nebraska be in?

• Total voters

Long term? Mongo if and when there is one, otherwise B1G marginally over BIG 12 based on what we know today. The only thing we shouldnt be is independent.

Last edited:

I agree with Tom Shatel. The Big 10 is an odd fit. Let’s get back to playing some actual rivalries instead of trying to force this deal for another 50 years.
Do we kiss and make up with Texas? Has anything changed or will Nebraska be on a much bigger island than they were before?

1. Mongo
2. Big Ten
3. Big 12
4. Independent - Should never happen.

If you want to be the best, beat the best.

Anyone who says Big XII is smoking some crack. The Big XII is JV level compared to the B1G in almost every metric that would benefit NU and the state's university system.
Not if they're going to put politics ahead of what's actually best for the athletic departments.

Anyone who says Big XII is smoking some crack. The Big XII is JV level compared to the B1G in almost every metric that would benefit NU and the state's university system.

Indeed.

You only have to look at Penn State, who has been with the Big Ten for about 30 years -- and it's a much, much better all-around university because of it. Their academics are far beyond what they were when Penn State was an independent.

Combined academics and athletics, there's no conference better than the Big Ten. We'd be foolish to leave what was a golden opportunity for UNL for many years to come. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck now, but you have to look at this over the long-term.

EDIT: I see this poll is "just about football," although it really isn't just about football.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Back