• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What BBQ Equipment Do You Have?

IMG_20160821_163130.jpg
IMG_20160821_163428.jpg
just showing off My lasted built for a customer, low profile, could not exceed 5'6" overheight,

I'm in need of a new smoker and grill. The grill is already toast and the smoker is on her last legs. I'd like to do one piece that combines them all and I'm not looking to spend like mad.

I've read about the Traegers and the RecTec pellet smokers/grills. Thoughts on those?

My typical uses: A good amount of grilling, burgers, brats, chicken, pork, etc... and probably a smoke every 6 weeks or so.

The Kamodo Joe's are on sale at Costco this week and while a bit more than I wanted to spend, they do look pretty amazing. I'm concerned about how long it takes to get the heat up to the 500 range though and will I get too lazy!

This weekend, whole hog on the rotisserie. Butcher said live weight was 285#. This was after 2 hours.
20160820_085534-r.jpg

20160820_143708-r.jpg
This is when it came off after 7 hours of cooking

I'm in need of a new smoker and grill. The grill is already toast and the smoker is on her last legs. I'd like to do one piece that combines them all and I'm not looking to spend like mad.

I've read about the Traegers and the RecTec pellet smokers/grills. Thoughts on those?

My typical uses: A good amount of grilling, burgers, brats, chicken, pork, etc... and probably a smoke every 6 weeks or so.

The Kamodo Joe's are on sale at Costco this week and while a bit more than I wanted to spend, they do look pretty amazing. I'm concerned about how long it takes to get the heat up to the 500 range though and will I get too lazy!
FB_IMG_1471918163871.jpg
you could aways GO this route

I know you're in Nebraska, but I swear my next scheduled trip back I'll buy one from you and haul the damned thing back to South Carolina. Nice work as always.
Let me know when, I will have food on a smoker, and throw a big ass party, cause that's what I do, otherwise the bar is right across the street from my shop, :Cheers:

I have a family member that has one and loves it. I've been reading about them and the RecTec mini (I don't need the full sized one). They both look pretty good but I was hoping for some more feedback from anyone here that's used one/both.

I have a family member that has one and loves it. I've been reading about them and the RecTec mini (I don't need the full sized one). They both look pretty good but I was hoping for some more feedback from anyone here that's used one/both.

I have:
  • Treager
  • Big Easy
  • Gas grill Weber
  • Charcoal grill Weber
  • Masterbuilt smoker
I use the Treager a lot and and really like it for things like rib roasts, legs of lamb, brisket and stuff that needs to cook for a while and sometimes smoke on it . It has digital temp probes that make cooking that stuff easy.

I use the Big Easy for chicken, turkey and of all things, shish kabobs (they are really easy on it). I have done ribs on it and they turned out really good as well. It really works for cooking things fast and hot.

I use the charcoal grill for all steaks and hamburgers

The Masterbuilt is used for the majority of smoking unless I want to use the Treager

The gas grill is the punt grill when I just want to cook something quick without the fuss

The Treager isn't electric, correct? The heat is provided by the wood pellets?

The Treager isn't electric, correct? The heat is provided by the wood pellets?

The Treager is electric and the heat is provided by the pellets, the electric part drives an auger that moves the pellets, heats a pellet lighter/burning rod (looks like a glow plug), and fan. The heat is controlled by how fast the auger moves the pellets into the burning pot and the fan pushing air to them as they burn.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back