• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What are your favorite recipes?

Huskermedic

Retired
Lifetime Member
Welcome to Max's Kitchen what are your favorite recipes?

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will contribute the first one. This was a hit this past Thanksgiving & Christmas. I will be making it again.

Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing

Ingredients
• 2 (12 ounce) packages corn bread mix
• 2 pounds sausage, cooked and drained
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
• 6 stalks celery, chopped
• 2 heads, garlic, peeled & diced
• 2 teaspoons dried thyme
• 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon ground sage (I used Jimmy Dean's Sage sausage & omitted this)
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 cups vegetable broth

1. One to two days ahead, make cornbread according to the box instructions. Let this sit out overnight and get a firm (almost hard) crust.

2. Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble, drain and set aside.

3. In a skillet, cook onion, garlic and celery in butter and sausage drippings until soft. Remove from heat, allow to cool.

4. In a large bowl, combine crumbled cornbread, sausage, onions and celery. Add sage, salt and pepper. Mix well.

5. In 1/4 cup increments, add chicken or vegetable broth to stuffing mixture. Toss gently until evenly moist. Loosely stuff in fowl or casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until heated to 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

How many does this stuffing serve 4 ever? Sounds like a lot.

Peanu Brittle

2 cups raw Spanish peanuts
2 cups sugar
1 cup Karo syrup
1/2 cup water
After cooking:
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Stir peanuts, sugar, karo syrup and water together. Use candy thermometer. Take off burner when thermometer when it reaches 290 degrees. (Hard crack is 300 degrees, but it's better to take off at 290 so it doesn't burn. It continues cooking)
Stir in baking soda and vanilla immediately. Stir like crazy for 30 seconds. pour onto greased cookie sheet. The smaller the pan the thicker the brittle. Let cool. Eat

Last edited:

I will contribute the first one. This was a hit this past Thanksgiving & Christmas. I will be making it again.

Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing

Ingredients
• 2 (12 ounce) packages corn bread mix
• 2 pounds sausage, cooked and drained
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
• 6 stalks celery, chopped
• 2 heads, garlic, peeled & diced
• 2 teaspoons dried thyme
• 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon ground sage (I used Jimmy Dean's Sage sausage & omitted this)
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 cups vegetable broth

1. One to two days ahead, make cornbread according to the box instructions. Let this sit out overnight and get a firm (almost hard) crust.

2. Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble, drain and set aside.

3. In a skillet, cook onion, garlic and celery in butter and sausage drippings until soft. Remove from heat, allow to cool.

4. In a large bowl, combine crumbled cornbread, sausage, onions and celery. Add sage, salt and pepper. Mix well.

5. In 1/4 cup increments, add chicken or vegetable broth to stuffing mixture. Toss gently until evenly moist. Loosely stuff in fowl or casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until heated to 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

I make one very similar but use Chorizo!

Well, this new Forum is RIGHT UP MY ALLEY.

I recently graduated from Culinary School. In the next few days/weeks, I'll sit down and post some of my favorite recipes from school.

Well, this new Forum is RIGHT UP MY ALLEY.

I recently graduated from Culinary School. In the next few days/weeks, I'll sit down and post some of my favorite recipes from school.

Great, please do. My idea of cooking is overcooked meat + jar of sauce.

Not sure whos idea Max's Kitchen was, but it awesome!!!!

Thank you very much! :thumbsup: Now you can send some of your best cooking to me for some professional taste testing.

PM me for my address. LOL! Like anyone actually would!

Seriously, I was lurking around some other team sites and came across several that had food (and drink) related forums. Boy, some of those guys (and gals) sure can cook from what I saw from the photo's they posted of their labors. I have seen some great ideas not only for grilling and smoking, but but even for stews, roasts, fried chicken, Cajun food, breads, pies, and "stuff" that I've never seen before. They even know how to build smokers and grills for the home and for tailgating.

I'm thinking Husker fans can really put on a cooking show.

Now let's get at it! I'm starved!

GBR!

Beef Tips.

2 cans of Cambells cream of mushroom soup.
1 cup of sprite
1 package of liptons onion dry soup mix
mix together.
add 1 1/2 lbs of stew meat.

cook at 275 to 300 for 4 hrs.

serve over rice or egg noodles.

You can thank me later.

Thank you very much! :thumbsup: Now you can send some of your best cooking to me for some professional taste testing.

PM me for my address. LOL! Like anyone actually would!

Seriously, I was lurking around some other team sites and came across several that had food (and drink) related forums. Boy, some of those guys (and gals) sure can cook from what I saw from the photo's they posted of their labors. I have seen some great ideas not only for grilling and smoking, but but even for stews, roasts, fried chicken, Cajun food, breads, pies, and "stuff" that I've never seen before. They even know how to build smokers and grills for the home and for tailgating.

I'm thinking Husker fans can really put on a cooking show.

Now let's get at it! I'm starved!

GBR!

Your good peoples!!

We are gonna have to have to hit fjbfour up for a new category! Favorite recipe! Should be fun!

Last edited:
About time! I was thinking about recommending something like this for a long time :thumbsup:

This is a great idea. I'm more an eater than a cook, but I can get some of these made for my personal culinary enjoyment.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back