• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What are your favorite recipes?

When you people make pan fried chicken do you use lard, or sunflower oil.....? What kind of skillet or pan do you use? I use lard and cast iron

When you people make pan fried chicken do you use lard, or sunflower oil.....? What kind of skillet or pan do you use? I use lard and cast iron

Peanut oil and cast iron skillet. Peanut oil will get much hotter then lard and makes for a much crispier crust with juicier chicken inside.

Loop

Last edited:
Peanut oil and cast iron skillet. Peanut oil will get much hotter then lard and makes for a much crispier crust with juicier chicken inside.

Loop

You want to look for one that has a high smoke point. The higher the smoke point, the hotter the oil can get before it starts to burn. Sunflower and peanut oil have the same smoke point of 450. Lard only has a smoke point of 370. However...lard is saturated fat...unhealthy. Peanut is monounsaturated while Sunflower is polyunsaturated - both of which are healthy fats. Why not make it taste good and be healthy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back