• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What Are Some...

11-2
We get a lucky break and beat OU, Purdue game is close but a win. We are no longer a 1 dimensional team (Pass, Run and Kick). So close games go our way this year. We lose to Michigan, and we lose Big 10 Championship.

Backing up the Kool-Aid truck for a life time supply…

3481103320_19f5aebf27_b.jpg

Last edited:

Bold prediction?

The law of averages comes into play, and all of the close losses turn into wins. Nebraska shocks the CFB world by going 11-1 in the regular season, beating Ohio State to win the Big 10, upsetting #1 Alabama in the playoff semifinals (in Saban's final game), before eventually falling to Texas in the championship game.

This leads to Unfinished Business Part II, as Casey Thompson simply can't accept the loss to his former team (and neither can the fans). It leads to a national championship in 2023.

Bold prediction?

The law of averages comes into play, and all of the close losses turn into wins. Nebraska shocks the CFB world by going 11-1 in the regular season, beating Ohio State to win the Big 10, upsetting #1 Alabama in the playoff semifinals (in Saban's final game), before eventually falling to Texas in the championship game.

This leads to Unfinished Business Part II, as Casey Thompson simply can't accept the loss to his former team (and neither can the fans). It leads to a national championship in 2023.

1451kdwf8fe6vC.gif

More boneheaded mistakes allow for 5 wins and another losing season prompts another regime change. :( I hope I'm dead wrong.

My Kool Aid pitcher ran dry a couple of years ago. I'm ready for some respectable Husker football. I'd like to get excited for big games again and look forward to Husker football Saturday.
Unfortunately, what you said is certainly not out of the question. It’s quite possible. Damn near anything from 4-8 to 11-1 is possible. I’m not confident about winning, at all, even though I’d like to be.

What make MN or Purdue a should win game?
The roster, and only the roster. The coaching, with the changes, is a total wild card. Nebraska has the best roster in the West, and I think, by a good margin. Can it get the coaching, the leadership necessary? Remains to be seen.

What make MN or Purdue a should win game?
If we go into Purdue 6-0 and into Minnesota 7-1 (based on my bold prediction) there isn’t a person on this board that would think both those games would be anything but “should-win” games. Including yourself Obi Wan.

Last edited:

If we go into Purdue 6-0 and into Minnesota 7-1 there isn’t a person on this board that would think both those games would be anything but “should-win” games. Including yourself Obi Wan.

Based on the last few seasons we may need this to increase the chances of winning those games as long as it used only for the good guys…

men_in_black_dockingbay101.gif

Last edited:
Bold prediction?

13-2 is clearly bold .... but, Texass me ... one of about three teams I despise and want to beat like a drum!

Bold prediction?

The most difficult part of that for me is believing Texas could get to the National Title game.

I do think Nebraska vs Texas would be a great bowl game matchup if it were possible.

The roster, and only the roster. The coaching, with the changes, is a total wild card. Nebraska has the best roster in the West, and I think, by a good margin. Can it get the coaching, the leadership necessary? Remains to be seen.
The new coaching staff has to prove itself on the field. I believe they are proving themselves as recruiters. Does the latter give them more credibility with the former?

9 wins after the bowl game. Am betting the team will win a game it shouldn't and lose a game it shouldn't, if that makes sense. Some weeks us fans will puff out our chests proudly and other weeks we will damage our livers. But will definitely show improvement by seasons end. Now back to some icy cold Koolaid...

The new coaching staff has to prove itself on the field. I believe they are proving themselves as recruiters. Does the latter give them more credibility with the former?
Here’s the ‘yeah but’ … two of those recruiting coaches helped win a natty not too long ago. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back