• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked What about Pat Hill as DC???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep

The Pat Hill File
1997-present Fresno State
Head Coach
1996 Baltimore Ravens (NFL)
Asst. coach (tight ends/offensive line)
1992-95 Cleveland Browns (NFL)
Asst. coach (tight ends/offensive line)
1990-91 Arizona Wildcats (NCAA)
Asst. coach (offensive line/offensive coordinator)
1984-89 Fresno State Bulldogs (NCAA)
Asst. coach (offensive line/recruiting coordinator)
1983 Calgary Stampeders (CFL)
Asst. coach (offensive coord./running backs/offensive line)
1981-82 UNLV Rebels (NCAA)
Asst. coach (offensive, recruiting coordinator/offensive line)
1977-80 Utah Utes (NCAA)
Recruiting coordinator/offensive line
1974-76 LA Valley College (JC)
Offensive line coach

Last edited:

I can't believe they let him go. He's done more for that program than anyone in their history. He took pay cuts to stay there because of the economic mess the state of California is in. They let him go. He should have not been there to begin with. This is a decision they will regret.

Fresno State has been consistently HORRIBLE on defense during Hill's tenure. Yes, he'd be a fantastic hire as a defensive coordinator. :)

Ya, Fresno will not get a better guy than Hill. As soon as anyone has success they will bolt for a better opportunity. Hill was there for the long hall. Built a solid program. Fresno like many schools is financially hurting. I was surprised by this. Hill came out last week and said there is so much that has to be changed at the university. So many financial cut backs that hurt the football team. At times he couldn't even have full meetings because players classes are only offered at night now or early mornings. The team would have to have separate meetings. A lot of stuff he mentioned that have changed because of financial difficulties.

I don't see how they expect to be any better. Pat Hill has been great for them. Dumb move on fresno's part.

Operating a true D1 program within the confines of the CSU system is next to impossible. Ask CSUF, CSULB how that went and ask San Jose State and San Diego State how kind the years have been. Fresno State is and has always been (25+ years) different from those in that they have an actual fan base due to the region being so different from the coastal schools (hence the "V" on the helmet). However, they or any CSU program doesn't have any real alumni base either. Especially, when your talking donors. CSU degrees aren't hung proudly on the walls of your more prominent businessman's offices (I know, because I have one). Maybe there is more at play here, but not sure what the angle is for the firing. Get a new young stud coach who will be there a few years (i.e. Chuck Long, Brady Hoke, etc. and hope for the best? Not to say none of these CSU schools has had a good coach or two. They just don't last due to better opportunity or lack of initial success. Good luck, I guess and good luck to Pat Hill.

A couple years old, but an interesting article that demonstrates soem of the more visible hardships.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/sep/04/sports/sp-cal-state-football4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back