• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What a rush!

bugeater61

Kill All Humans
20 Year Member
Last week wife and I enjoyed a fantastic Alaska cruise. One of the stops was at Icy Strait Point which has this huge zip line, largest in the world they claim, 5330 feet long with a 1350 foot drop. I’ve been telling my wife for years that I’ve wanted to a zip line and she has always shied away from them since she doesn’t care for heights and such. She says “I god is going to take me home someday but I’m not going to make it easy for him”. So I was shocked when she said she wanted to do this zip line. It’s very intimidating to look at but we mustered up the nerve and did it Absolutely the best money I spent on the vacation. Attached video sums my feelings up pretty well.

Found a pic I took from the top, gives you a pretty good idea of the ride.
2587DB38-9F9F-48C2-9D83-0F4FB07A4862.jpeg

Glad you really enjoyed your cruise and ziplining. Beautiful part of the country based upon all the videos and pictures I have seen over the years. Still trying to get to Alaska for a visit. We had a 2020 Alaska cruise booked; unfortunately, it was canceled because of the pandemic. Someday.

Did you take any of the tourist trains (Denali Star/other Alaska RR, White Pass & Yukon)?

Glad you really enjoyed your cruise and ziplining. Beautiful part of the country based upon all the videos and pictures I have seen over the years. Still trying to get to Alaska for a visit. We had a 2020 Alaska cruise booked; unfortunately, it was canceled because of the pandemic. Someday.

Did you take any of the tourist trains (Denali Star/other Alaska RR, White Pass & Yukon)?
We rode the Alaska Railroad from Talkeetna to Anchorage on the dinner leg. Only about four hours but the meal was fantastic.

Bugs, great stuff! Thanks for sharing and your wife gives me confidence that I could put aside my fear of heights and go for it.

Last week wife and I enjoyed a fantastic Alaska cruise. One of the stops was at Icy Strait Point which has this huge zip line, largest in the world they claim, 5330 feet long with a 1350 foot drop. I’ve been telling my wife for years that I’ve wanted to a zip line and she has always shied away from them since she doesn’t care for heights and such. She says “I god is going to take me home someday but I’m not going to make it easy for him”. So I was shocked when she said she wanted to do this zip line. It’s very intimidating to look at but we mustered up the nerve and did it Absolutely the best money I spent on the vacation. Attached video sums my feelings up pretty well.

That would be awesome.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back