• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What A Joke

...none of the pitchers have asserted themself as the Friday starter, yet...

Lets try this again: None of the pitchers on this staff have the stuff to dominate on Friday nights. This is different from what you said. Yes, there will be a Friday night starter. What I'm saying is there isn't an arm on this staff that can come out on a Friday night and dominate legitimate competition.

I lose? Yeah, what do I know about college baseball :rolleyes:

Northwestern this weekend.

Northwestern's RPI = 267 out of 297 teams.

You want a good laugh, go to Northwesterns website and look at their baseball field (you'll notice that the your neighborhood park has a nicer diamond then Northwesterns)

Yikes, will we get screwed because of the condition of their field? They know where all the ruts are, so we may be in for some rough fielding! Still, our bats should do well enough to knock off this 267 rpi team. :)

Well, Tom Shatel is defending us like a big brother. :)

Formunda Cheeese, I believe, between Darin and Ted, our pitching will come around. Did you notice how Darin used our starter and bullpen? He seems to be improving on pulling and bringing in relievers. Looking better already.

Of course, as we play better teams, it will be a tougher go for Darin and Ted to juggle the pitching. I am of the opinion, this young pitching staff will get much better, as the season goes. I am not drinking the koolaid, but I do see better days. Let's hope I'm on the right track! :cheers:

Formunda Cheeese, I believe, between Darin and Ted, our pitching will come around. Did you notice how Darin used our starter and bullpen? He seems to be improving on pulling and bringing in relievers. Looking better already.

Of course, as we play better teams, it will be a tougher go for Darin and Ted to juggle the pitching. I am of the opinion, this young pitching staff will get much better, as the season goes. I am not drinking the koolaid, but I do see better days. Let's hope I'm on the right track! :cheers:

Agree, I like this staff and the way they operate.

As for Northwesterns field, remember Iowa States years ago? They didn't have grounds crew and the head coach would mow it? Nebraska would go up there and fall victim to its chuckholes. Ahh, those were the days...

I think it is disgusting, the B10 allows Northwestern to do a poor job, maintaining the baseball field. If you can't keep it groomed, get out of the game! :stickouttongue:

Maybe, Michael Wilbon and Mike Greenberg can cough up some big bucks to git 'er done? :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back