• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What A Joke

Husker Eponymous

Scout Team
10 Year Member
The Big 10 team comes into Haymarket in the opener in front of 5,200 people and hammers us.

Welcome to B1G baseball, I guess.

That makes losses in NU's Big 10 debuts in football, basketball, and believe it or not, baseball.

Nebraska, must, MUST come back and win this series.

Definitely need to come back and win the series. Illinois is no better than middle of the pack in one of the worst conferences in baseball. Tough to see Nebraska get hammered like that in game one.

It does suck but its also baseball. These things happen all of the time because of the nature of the sport. No need to panic yet and lets not forget that we aren't that good either.

Hey, as disappointed as I am, I did say, our pitching would be a problem. We need to develop the pitching before we can become a real contender. It is up to Silva to develop them, so git 'er done, Silva!! :(

It does suck but its also baseball. These things happen all of the time because of the nature of the sport. No need to panic yet and lets not forget that we aren't that good either.​

Agree and disagree.

Its friday night in a conference series opener, and NU gives up 11 runs at home.

This game highlights how far we are removed from the glory years.

I remember the days when NU wouldn't give up 11 runs in 5 conference friday night games combined against Big 12 competition, and here we do it against Illinois.

I'm beginning to wonder if those days are gone forever.

Last night's game was a bummer. Watched the whole game. I think they may have just been tight being the first league game and being on TV and all. Today's game was a complete flip flop from last night. NU just tore up the Illini today. Let's win the rubber match tomorrow and win the series boys.

...you are too quick to bow out in this team....i think you'll find that most of the big ten, unlike the big 12 their friday night starters will be fairly decent...after that its a crap shoot....this will help the Huskers tremendously ... dont give up...rhis is a young-deep club...they will be good and might even pull out an upset or two along the way!

The Big 10 team comes into Haymarket in the opener in front of 5,200 people and hammers us.

Welcome to B1G baseball, I guess.

That makes losses in NU's Big 10 debuts in football, basketball, and believe it or not, baseball.

Nebraska, must, MUST come back and win this series.

one loss does not define a team. Just like one win does not crown a winner

Have faith. I do.

Huskers will rule.

It might have been a joke but I wasn't laughing.........................until today. :)

Well....they ended up winning big twice...and securing the series .....still a joke? Want to apologize for speaking too soon? Wanna admit you really dont follow the team? ...either way, i forgive you....we won the series...celebrate!!!

It was a good series win, but it still doesn't replace for fact we don't have a Friday night guy.

Yes, NU is deep enough to overtake the Big 10's saturday and sunday starters. Yippee.

Gauge this team on its ability to go into the Big 10 tourney or regionals and stay in the winners bracket right away, not on its ability to beat Illinois saturday and sunday guys.

...you are too quick to bow out in this team....i think you'll find that most of the big ten, unlike the big 12 their friday night starters will be fairly decent...after that its a crap shoot....

Who bowed out? I was pointing out the obvious: That its disappointing there isn't a Komine/Marsden/Watson type guy on the bump on Friday night to roll over the sadness that is the Big 10.

This should've been an sweep, not 2 of 3.

Last edited:
Our pitching has been less than spectacular for several years, but a new coaching staff is not going to be able to change that overnight. Childress seemed to have a knack for devoloping pitchers but ever since we've been struggling. Hopefully Silva can coach them up as well.

Hopefully Silva can coach them up as well.

Agree.

Thats one thing about Childress: He took average arms and made them good thru guts and grit. Think Scott Fries and Chad Wiles.

I hope Silva has that ability. The Komine/Marsden/Watson/Chamberlien/Duensing types don't come walking into Lincoln everyday.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back