• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What’s our stable of IBs look like ?

Maybe that is true. But guys like Bradley have already proven they can play. Mazour, Mills, and Johnson might just take you to task. You seem to disregard our RB staple/staff but they may prove you and a few others wrong. Let's see how it plays out... GBR
Obviously you don't know anything about horseracing or you'd know that my comments about our group of RB's is right on the mark and is indeed complimentary and not at all negative.

Last edited:

There is so much potential in that group - but not a whole of production (yet) in Lincoln on Saturdays. It wouldn't surprise me to see someone from that group really excel - but it's hard to predict that now. The good news is that I think RBs can contribute more quickly and as freshman than is reasonable for many other positions.

I think we should recruit a few FBs that can run fast and but are good for short yardage and can catch a sing pass coming out of the backfield. We need a big back for 3rd and 2 yardage. Don't really have one except Hemphill.

Can't the team just grab Andy Janovich and call him "Al Jablonski" and line him up for a couple more years? Who the hell would know?

I hope Miles outshines the rest of the itty bitty runningback committee. It bothers me that 'I-Back U' has a stable of midgets and we expect a return to greatness.

what's wrong with midgets?

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Since DO had already passed Bell on the depth chart and pretty much caused Bell to leave, i'm pretty sure his breakout does happen. Making DO a thousand yard guy in half a season is pretty good coaching compared to what he experienced (and put on film) prior to this staff. If that is the "weakest link", NU is in great shape.

I think this is the main point here. He was working with a team he didn't know in depth and implementing a new system simultaneously. Add in the limited snaps to emphasize getting things prepped for the starters and there just isn't a ton of time to evaluate a full depth chart.

That sucked for some of the 2nd and 3rd string guys and a few guys who may have been able to jump upward last year, but a full offseason and with most of the system in place will allow them to not only run more stations, but to evaluate guys further down in the depth chart.

Sometimes you have to go with your guy when faced with the limited resources (practice snaps) and sometimes even the best coaches get it wrong. DO stepped up and won the job fair and square by responding to the challenge. Hopefully we see a roster full of people doing that this year

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back