• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Whaley interception

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lummox

Red Shirt
15 Year Member
It was great instinct to go for that pick. Just a few plays before they set up in that formation. We showed 2 guys coming on a blitz off the edges. Vandenberg checked off and threw it to Whaleys guy. He caught it but it was closse to being knocked down or picked.

On the play that he picked it, they had the same spread look and we showed the exact same blitz with the same 2 guys. Vandenberg checked off and threw the exact same pass but this time he broke on the ball and intercepted it. It was really cool to watch it develope at the game and realize it was the exact same thing. My question is, was it a specific set defense for that situation or did we get lucky that they ran the same look so close together.

Just an FYI heard Bo tell Whaley he was blitzing from the outside and to e ready for the hot read pass, and Whaley jumped it just like he was told. We should fire Bo tho, doesn't represent what Nebraska stands for.

It was great instinct to go for that pick. Just a few plays before they set up in that formation. We showed 2 guys coming on a blitz off the edges. Vandenberg checked off and threw it to Whaleys guy. He caught it but it was closse to being knocked down or picked.

On the play that he picked it, they had the same spread look and we showed the exact same blitz with the same 2 guys. Vandenberg checked off and threw the exact same pass but this time he broke on the ball and intercepted it. It was really cool to watch it develope at the game and realize it was the exact same thing. My question is, was it a specific set defense for that situation or did we get lucky that they ran the same look so close together.

Part of it is the Greg Davis factor. They are very predictable. We were obviously prepared for that....Whaley recognized it immediately. Great job of prep, coaching, a player looking to be aggressive, recognition, and executing at a crucial time. Heady play by a SR.

Part of it is the Greg Davis factor. They are very predictable. We were obviously prepared for that....Whaley recognized it immediately. Great job of prep, coaching, a player looking to be aggressive, recognition, and executing at a crucial time. Heady play by a SR.

It's easy to see why Iowa is 4-8. An absolutely awful football team that had a couple handfuls of head scratching play calls and some god awful time management.

Between the $4m ferentz gets and the $1.5-2.0M they are spending for the rest of that staff you'd think they'd have some sort of clue. I ALMOST feel sorry for Iowa fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back