• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We're on track to win the Rose Bowl next year

Name our starting four stars last year.
We had no depth, healthy depth except at TE.
Wandale didnt tote the ball only because we had options.
Two walkons for wrs, brought along Betts who has shown promise, limited practices to all 2020 guys.

We have depth, talent and some experience, with a smattering of leadership this year.

I posted this at the beginning of our season then stopped when it didn't matter since we kept loosing.

I posted this at the beginning of our season then stopped when it didn't matter since we kept loosing.
Experience will matter, now that we have some. Our run game looked good under our young line, when we had a healthy rb there, ur pass pro was good, except the communications, pass offs and some out and out whiffs. That needs to get a lot better, but the run game should come ready day 1.

If we started Teddy P, which we wont, but f we did, all but one on offense would be four stars.

We should improve this year, and win, and once that gets rolling, at least this time, we have a decent record, it wont be patsies and a lot of luck getting us there

Experience will matter, now that we have some. Our run game looked good under our young line, when we had a healthy rb there, ur pass pro was good, except the communications, pass offs and some out and out whiffs. That needs to get a lot better, but the run game should come ready day 1.

If we started Teddy P, which we wont, but f we did, all but one on offense would be four stars.

We should improve this year, and win, and once that gets rolling, at least this time, we have a decent record, it wont be patsies and a lot of luck getting us there
Our running game looked good at Rutgers because they had a crap defensive line. Nothing more.

Is the Rose Bowl still a thing? It's been a long time. Is it one of the better bowls, or just a pair of second/third raters out for some beach time?

Our running game looked good at Rutgers because they had a crap defensive line. Nothing more.
They werent that great, but were at 185 yds a game til we got them, as we rolled up 365 on them.

Schiano had them with their best ever Big record, which again, isnt a lot, but again, it was Schiano.

I'll just say this, under Bo, our offense got worse as the year wore on, it was documented under an old Hail Varsity numbers cruncher, where it parsed through the seasons over several years, and got worse under MR.
From what I've been seeing under this staff, the trend has been flipped, nothing world shaking, but shows weve broken that trend, which is a positive sign, add in our youth and now depth, I dont see it going back to those days.
Our lack of big plays has hurt us this year in particular, and losing JD, and Stan and Ziggy and Moe, they were our big play guys, in the sense big play meaning big yards, as Wandale made big plays for first downs, but not a lot for big yards.
We hold onto the ball, and finish drives, its a whole new look.

Last edited:
Frost‘s predecessors didn’t exactly light the world on fire - Riley, BP, Callahan.

Yes there were winning seasons particularly BP era but no championships, no BCS games ...

You and I may harken back to the TO and FS eras but we are at least one if not more than one generation away from true real Husker football.
True about BP, but a la Trump, if he could speak to people and keep his composure, he would probably still be around. IMO I would take the BP 9-4 or 10-3 knowing that you are close to breaking through. Right now I don't feel that we are close. I understand patience, but with that salary that frost is making shouldn't NE expect results in less than 5 years?

Rutgers allowed 205 rushing yds per game, they were 13 th in total defense. We let them take away the ball 4 times and we still won. I believe that is pretty much the story of their team last year. I will still stand by my comment

Every team in the Big let rutgers take the ball away from them that they played.
As well as let them lead for TFLs, and all the rest.
We agree, but the stats are the stats, all of them.

“I think it’s really nice that all these legacy kids are going,” Brian Schuster said. “I think that’s a lot bolder statement to what the players of the '90s probably really think about the culture of the program than what some of the fans maybe want to say.”
Have a big and strong walk on program is part of the Nebraska way, this is good to see,maybe not starters, but there'll be plenty of push from underneath

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back