• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We're on track to win the Rose Bowl next year

Yes...we were pretty bad the 20 years before Devaney too.

Neither BP/KF was/is good enough for Nebraska...we should not settle. SF still has a shot at being better, he must pick up the pace fast though.
We cannot continue to cycle through coaches like they are a dime a dozen. If we continue to do so, kiss any chance of getting a homerun hitter coach goodbye. No coach wants to come to a place where they'll get fired in 3 years if they don't have us winning 8 games

Frost's 2021 squad will have the most talent and the most depth of any team that Nebraska has fielded since we joined the Big 10 in 2011. 4th year starting QB, solid offensive line, lots of very talented skill players on offense, 10 returning starters on a defense that played very well toward the end of last season, and we return both our kicker and our punter. At least on paper, this team could absolutely finish first in the West and second in the Big 10 in 2021 and make it to a great bowl game.

But recent history suggests that we will find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot and the head...repeatedly...
That is a good post

You're missing the point completely -- wow, tremendous miss.

Alvarez had a breakthrough in year two.

That 5-6 record was the best record in six years -- and Wisconsin won more than 5 games in only 5 of the previous 27 seasons before Barry arrived. And that 5-6 record was still better than any of Frost's Nebraska W-L records.

Alvarez only needed two years to turn it around to levels Wisconsin had rarely seen in decades.

For that matter, Alvarez inherited a school with zero winning tradition, subpar facilities, and very low fan interest -- not even close to what Frost inherited. In the season prior to Barry, Wisconsin was averaging about 35,000 fans in attendance -- with a capacity of 76,000. And 29,776 fans for their last home game prior to Alvarez.
I think you're wrong. What Frost inherited is what makes his job harder. If you think the NU job is a golden ticket for success I have to disagree. Alvarez had no pressure. Wisconsin then = UCF when Scott rolled into town.

On paper we have looked good for each of our 4 loosing seasons, On paper, we should have had winning seasons. Even now our team talent level is in the top 25, but we never seem to perform at the level our team talent is ranked at. For 2020 we are ranked at #24 for team talent (higher in previous years) but that hasn't transferred to wining records. This (2020 talent ranking) was before some of our top ranked 4 star players left the team. With our incoming recruits I don't expect that #24 ranking will rise.

I expect to see our 5th loosing season in a row. Nothing with the coaching staff or culture of the team signals to me a winning outcome. I hope I'm wrong! Tuff schedule coming up!

On paper we have looked good for each of our 4 loosing seasons, On paper, we should have had winning seasons. Even now our team talent level is in the top 25, but we never seem to perform at the level our team talent is ranked at. For 2020 we are ranked at #24 for team talent (higher in previous years) but that hasn't transferred to wining records. This (2020 talent ranking) was before some of our top ranked 4 star players left the team. With our incoming recruits I don't expect that #24 ranking will rise.

I expect to see our 5th loosing season in a row. Nothing with the coaching staff or culture of the team signals to me a winning outcome. I hope I'm wrong! Tuff schedule coming up!

Name our starting four stars last year.
We had no depth, healthy depth except at TE.
Wandale didnt tote the ball only because we had options.
Two walkons for wrs, brought along Betts who has shown promise, limited practices to all 2020 guys.

We have depth, talent and some experience, with a smattering of leadership this year.

We cannot continue to cycle through coaches like they are a dime a dozen. If we continue to do so, kiss any chance of getting a homerun hitter coach goodbye. No coach wants to come to a place where they'll get fired in 3 years if they don't have us winning 8 games
:Facepalm: Frost has been here 3 years already and only won 3 games last year. Eight wins in year 4 will have folks dancing in the aisles at Memorial Stadium.

Where'd you get the foolish notion that 8 wins was required in year 3...only the folks that worshiped "pelini the mediocre" think like that...they went after Riley in year 1.

:Facepalm: Frost has been here 3 years already and only won 3 games last year. Eight wins in year 4 will have folks dancing in the aisles at Memorial Stadium.

Where'd you get the foolish notion that 8 wins was required in year 3...only the folks that worshiped "pelini the mediocre" think like that...they went after Riley in year 1.
They went after Riley year one was because he was so easy to catch

Last edited:
If am gets back to being what people thought he could be and not this guy we have seen the last two years I can see us be contenders.

Only one coach has been fired after three years out of the past 7, including SF in that 7.

C

The ridiculous notion that fans wanted him gone last year because he didn’t win more than 5

Only one coach has been fired after three years out of the past 7, including SF in that 7.

C
That must’ve gone clear over your head. I’m speaking about the recent one that was out after 3 years. If we do it again no coach will come here.

That must’ve gone clear over your head. I’m speaking about the recent one that was out after 3 years. If we do it again no coach will come here.

Not over my head as SF has already made 4 so it is irrelevant at this point in time. Maybe if SF gets fired and the next guy goes three years of losing seasons we can have that conversation.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back