• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Well, today was court day for Mo.

I am not excusing MW, but what a waste of time and resources for all involved. A hearing to see when the next hearing is, a different one to determine representation, another one to plea, and how many more? Jeez, he could plead guilty and serve the time before that s-storm is done.
Rant over.

I am not excusing MW, but what a waste of time and resources for all involved. A hearing to see when the next hearing is, a different one to determine representation, another one to plea, and how many more? Jeez, he could plead guilty and serve the time before that s-storm is done.
Rant over.

The justice system is set up to maximize billable hours for attorneys ensure that swift and fair justice comes to all defendants.

Alternative disposition sure sounds a lot like plea bargain or reduced charges.

Definitely does, but that is his attorney speaking, and who knows what the reality will be.

Too bad this guy (John Ball) can't represent Mo in CA:

"As always, Mr. Washington is cooperating fully in this matter, and hopes for a just and speedy result," Ball said in an email. "He continues to appreciate the continued support of the people in his life, and is optimistic about his bright future."

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/footb...cle_4ad68c87-5ebe-53de-a4e4-1639fc793175.html

Very well said. My wife and I are teachers, and we have decided to not allow our children to use social media until we're confident that they can handle it. I'm noticing a lot more teachers adopting this approach as well. Why? Because we see every day how kids are being destroyed by this crap, and nobody can quite explain to me how it's worth it. There isn't a day that passes, and usually not a single class that passes, that I don't have a kid who can't stay awake in class. I'm not talking about the students who get comfortable, get bored, and fall asleep; that's normal. I'm talking about kids who are incapable of staying awake, even if I have them stand up, and even if I'm having a conversation with them. Why? They're up all night, every night, either using social media (mostly the girls) or playing video games (mostly the boys). When we have conversations with their parents about it, the parents almost always start from the premise that their child has an inalienable right to the latest smart phone with full access. When/if I try to point out that that's not actually necessary, then they switch to talking about how it's a "safety issue" because the parents need to get a hold of them, etc. When I suggest getting a cheaper, non-smart phone for that purpose, I may as well be suggesting that they live in a cave on a deserted island in the South Pacific. When I also point out that they could confiscate the phones at bedtime, they describe the horrors of trying to pry a smartphone out of the hands of their smartphone-addicted child. I've seen 18-year-old boys start bawling because their phone was taken away.

It's destroying our kids, literally. My school will have a graduating class of less than 20 this year, but we've had 2 suicides in the past 2 years, and there were 16(!) attempted suicides this past school year between August and spring break. They won't publicly release those since then, so I'm sure that there has been more. Social media in the hands of a 13-year-old girl is a weapon of mass destruction. In the hands of a 13-year-old boy, it's a weapon of self-destruction.

By the way, the "episode" that MW sent back to his ex-girlfriend? That sort of thing has happened at least twice in the past 6 months at my school, and those are just the two that were made public. In both instances, it was consensual, and in both instances the girl later regretted it and grew suicidal.

We're destroying our children.

I can't say I "like" this, but thanks for the great post.

the cell phone is this generation's addiction, perhaps not the most deadly in small groups, but easily the most wide spread and the most difficult to cure. Parent just don't get it, nor do the kids ..........

yep, equal to cocaine bag. And tweeter HMax forum posts .....

Last edited:

The way it’s going in this thread the next we are going to hear that the dreaded smart phone is the culprit for consecutive 4-8 seasons.

Whether it’s robbing a gas station, sexual assault, domestic violence, dealing drugs, stealing bikes or throwing live turkeys in the bonfire — people have found a way to get in trouble. They didn’t need a social media platform or phone to do it.

This situation calls Mr. Washington’s character and judgement into question. And rightfully so. He either learns and grows from this or he will become well acquainted with legal system. If it’s the latter then give the scholarship to someone else. Easy Peasy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back