• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Well ain't this depressing ... top 25 B1G 2020 NFL Draft players

The pre-season prognosticators are wearing me thin. On one hand, NU is a top 25 team going into the season with a serious Heisman candidate under center. On the other hand, we are void of NFL talent and should just pack in it now and have no expectations for this season.

It's ridiculous.

It certainly seems inconsistent. But you have different people writing these - so different opinions especially for a team like Nebraska that was much improved from the beginning to end. How much will that trend continue - hard to say. I am guessing the folks that ranked us in the top 25 (a bit too high from my perspective) value scheme, strength of schedule, and development of younger athletes, above the talent of the senior class. (Nobody is saying we are devoid of NFL Talent, btw - just maybe in our senior class, which could easily be wrong).

It certainly seems inconsistent. But you have different people writing these - so different opinions especially for a team like Nebraska that was much improved from the beginning to end. How much will that trend continue - hard to say. I am guessing the folks that ranked us in the top 25 (a bit too high from my perspective) value scheme, strength of schedule, and development of younger athletes, above the talent of the senior class. (Nobody is saying we are devoid of NFL Talent, btw - just maybe in our senior class, which could easily be wrong).
I agree with pretty much all of this, and I was using hyperbole regarding our NFL caliber talent. Personally I think multiple Blackshirts will be drafted next year, especially if their upward trajectory from last year continues. Mohamed Berry and Lamar Jackson have all the tools necessary to play and succeed in the league. You may even have a DL or two get drafted depending how the season goes.

I just wish the sports media would stop focusing on trying to make predictions over 100 days before fall camp even starts. Nobody on this planet predicted NU going 0-6 to start the year. 2 years ago at this time we were set with an NFL caliber transfer QB and were going to cruise to a 10 win season... 3 years ago at this time, very few people would have predicted NU going into the Wisconsin game undefeated at 7-0. The preseason consensus predictions on NU are always wrong, so lets all just agree they're going to suck big time this year and wait for our fall heartbreaks.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back