• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Welcome back offensive identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberty Husker

Recruit
5 Year Member
"You can option anybody," Pelini said. "We're going to run our offense."

"We want to be a great running football team," Brown said. "We've set our mindset that way. Every game, we've got to enforce our will."

"It's like a heavyweight fight," Fisher said. "Eventually, someone's going to tap out. I think our guys are taking a lot of pride that eventually we're going to wear you down.

Nice to finally have an identity again. I love the thought of the offense being able to grind it out, attack the perimeter, and gash defenses in the fourth quarter. I hope they use motion and misdirection to counter SC's speed, and I am excited about Monday. Love for NU to shell Spurrier again.
http://www.omaha.com/article/20111229/BIGRED/712299825

South Carolina is weak against the run. Not to say that they couldn't stop a rush, but they're much better against the pass-happy SEC offenses. If Nebraska gets 100 yards out of Burkhead and another 100 out of Martinez and/or the Freshmen RBs, we'll be in really great shape.

Yes, it's nice to see them forge and identity again, however, I keep seeing the Huskers referred to as an 'option team' - since when did they become an option team again? I realize they're sprinkling it in here and there, but it's not to the point where I'm having visions of Tommie Frazier dancing around in my head. They're a running team that uses variations of a lot of different named offenses, so I guess one could say they do have options, but an option offense? I don't think so. Anyhoo, I don't care what they run just as long as it's successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back