• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wearing husker gear always pays off

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
There is a small butcher shop near my home that I have been meaning to try. My son and I have been doing some experimental grilling lately. So I decided to try some chicken from there. I was wearing a pair of sweats that have the red block N on them. As the guy is helping me he says "Is that N for Nebraska." I said yeah why. " My cousin played for them. " I said "Really who was your cousin?" Donta Jones. He asked "Do you remember him?" Of course I did. We spent about 10 minutes talking about the good ole days. Anyway thought I would share.

I get mistaken for North Eugene High School all the time here.

They sometimes use just the Block N on their sports gear, but have shifted more to using the N+E logo as of late. On a design note, it's a terrible logo, too, as the N is all hard angles and the E is very curvy.

images

Funny side note, Eugene-area high schools have this weirdness where they put all the Big Ten schools in a blender to make bastardizations of their mascots and logos.

Here's the Willamette Wolverines, sure to piss off any Wisconsin fan who hates Michigan.

WylieW%20Logo%20vector.png

Next up, it's time to piss off Big Blue with the Marist Spartans.

9YbQxEsY_400x400.jpg

Finally, we cheese-off Sparty by kicking it over to the Sheldon Fighting Irish:

images
178-1781005_27-sheldon-high-school-s.png

Basically, if you're a fan of Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State or Notre Dame, you'll get mistaken for a local high school about 75% of the time. And worse, in the case of UM-MSU-ND, you'll get mistaken for a college that you specifically hate with a passion. At least the Wisconsin-Michigan mixup of Willamette High School isn't too egregious.

Last edited:

Was watching a PBS special last night... had a picture of one of the owners of Monarch ski hill in the '70's... he was the Schlitz distributor in Omaha previously. He always wore red - he was wearing a red trilby, red shirt, red jacket in the photo they had of him.

Walking thru a parking lot with my wife heading into staples. Woman in a car stops and says...I love your shirt, my wife says so do I, I just got it Chicos last week... woman says... not you, your husband. I was wearing a husker polo shirt. Only then did my wife see the breadth of Husker Nation. She has seen dozens of similar repeats since.

There is a small butcher shop near my home that I have been meaning to try. My son and I have been doing some experimental grilling lately. So I decided to try some chicken from there. I was wearing a pair of sweats that have the red block N on them. As the guy is helping me he says "Is that N for Nebraska." I said yeah why. " My cousin played for them. " I said "Really who was your cousin?" Donta Jones. He asked "Do you remember him?" Of course I did. We spent about 10 minutes talking about the good ole days. Anyway thought I would share.
A while back I was in a very,very long line of vehicles at the Boulder Dam.The line was so long that officers were walking back to get autos ready for inspection.This female officer looks at me and asks if I was from Nebraska. I said no and that I lived there when I was young.Of course I was attired in Husker gear head to foot.Told her I had been a Husker fan all my life.She smiled and said she was from Nebraska and attended UNL.She said get out of line and go to the bridge and tell them Cheryl said we were good.The officer at the bridge smiled and said Go Big Red. We were out of there in no time.Keep the faith.GBR.

Blackshirts BABY!!!

Attachments

• 20200523_183259_HDR~2_resized[490].jpg
    20200523_183259_HDR~2_resized[490].jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 26
A while back I was in a very,very long line of vehicles at the Boulder Dam.The line was so long that officers were walking back to get autos ready for inspection.This female officer looks at me and asks if I was from Nebraska. I said no and that I lived there when I was young.Of course I was attired in Husker gear head to foot.Told her I had been a Husker fan all my life.She smiled and said she was from Nebraska and attended UNL.She said get out of line and go to the bridge and tell them Cheryl said we were good.The officer at the bridge smiled and said Go Big Red. We were out of there in no time.Keep the faith.GBR.
Husker privilege. Too soon?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back