• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked We Got A Game Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerRedDread

Blackshirt
10 Year Member
I normally make fun of posters/threads in which the sole purpose is to make the opponent seem so much tougher than they really are. Given the bad habits of our talented team, I would say each claim has had some merit, but.........

Wisconsin coming off a two game loosing streak, and probably looking to redeem themselves from letting one get away from them earlier in the season in Lincoln. I have no doubt, that this could actually be the toughest game on our schedule this season. I don't know which team will be home/away, but I'm thinking NU will have the home field advantage being that no one travels like the Huskers.

Also, I think about the fact if we handle our business in this game, we will be up against a decent team in Standford, or a rematch against a revamped program in UCLA. I don't mind a game against either of the two.

I think that the Badgers will show up ready to play.
They believe the game is winnable.

The Huskers have a much more talented team, but do have a tendency to shoot he selves in the foot.

I hope for a strong showing and a two TD victory!

I thought this was going to be a thread about how great it is to get to play an extra game in the season. :) The seasons fly by so fast that a 13th game, leading to a 14th in the bowl, is a HUGE bonus for playing well.

Anyway, I agree with your assessment. Three of Wisconsin's last four games were lost in OVERTIME, with the fourth being a blowout victory over Indiana. Wisconsin is not getting soundly beaten; they are in these games right up to the end. That reminds me of another team. We've come out on top of our games, but both NU and UW play pretty close to the margin.

I think the players are doing everything they can to make sure we win this one. That has me very encouraged. And I agree, a trip to the Rose Bowl to play UCLA or Stanford will be a ton of fun for the players and for the fans.

I think that the Badgers will show up ready to play.
They believe the game is winnable.

The Huskers have a much more talented team, but do have a tendency to shoot he selves in the foot.

I hope for a strong showing and a two TD victory!

What do you think the cause of this is?

I normally make fun of posters/threads in which the sole purpose is to make the opponent seem so much tougher than they really are. Given the bad habits of our talented team, I would say each claim has had some merit, but.........

Wisconsin coming off a two game loosing streak, and probably looking to redeem themselves from letting one get away from them earlier in the season in Lincoln. I have no doubt, that this could actually be the toughest game on our schedule this season. I don't know which team will be home/away, but I'm thinking NU will have the home field advantage being that no one travels like the Huskers.

Also, I think about the fact if we handle our business in this game, we will be up against a decent team in Standford, or a rematch against a revamped program in UCLA. I don't mind a game against either of the two.

Interesting because I've noticed the opposite...that many posters like to belittle our opponents before the game, as walkovers. Just to name a few of the more notable walkover threads we had this year that I remember: UCLA (not as good as Southern Miss), Wisconsin, Northwestern, Michigan State, and Iowa. Now in these threads belittling and disrespecting our opponents, I do remember a few posters saying that these games could be tougher than expected (they were correct on all of them)...is that what you are referring to?

Last edited:

Interesting because I've noticed the opposite...that many posters like to belittle our opponents before the game, as walkovers. Just to name a few of the more notable walkover threads we had this year that I remember: UCLA (not as good as Southern Miss), Wisconsin, Northwestern, Michigan State, and Iowa. Now in these threads belittling and disrespecting our opponents, I do remember a few posters saying that these games could be tougher than expected (they were correct on all of them)...is that what you are referring to?

No it's not what I was referring to.. The portion of my post you bold printed wasn't a riddle.

Nice that you pointed out the games that we can now see was a hard fought battle, but the games I was referring to was games like So. Miss, ISU.....and maybe Iowa (the weather really hindered our attack and aided to their only weapon). I will admit, I was one whom thought that we would leave Pasadena with a W. This was based on what I saw of them last season, the fact that they had so many newbies starting, and a new coaching staff. But the fact that we didn't have much to prepare for against them worked against us, as well as the refusal to make adjustments for some odd reason.

I do remember conversing with a poster on the board (not sure who it was) about his worry that ISU would be a trap game and would send us into conference play 2-2.

As for myself I'm a bit worried. Even with the losses they have lately, it's our beat up defensive front playing lighter defensive ends at tackle and they having those 320 pound roadgraders. We are thin up front and thin against their strength. In a 60 minute game Rome will have to play a lot of minutes. Meredith at 260, Anderson at 260 giving away 60 pounds and not being spelled often isn't that recipe for endurance. Losing Stienkuhlar gives me night mirrors about this rematch.

like an announcer said on saturday (I think it was Speilman) if you get your hands on them first it doesn't matter how big they are. I hope that's what we do.

As for myself I'm a bit worried. Even with the losses they have lately, it's our beat up defensive front playing lighter defensive ends at tackle and they having those 320 pound roadgraders. We are thin up front and thin against their strength. In a 60 minute game Rome will have to play a lot of minutes. Meredith at 260, Anderson at 260 giving away 60 pounds and not being spelled often isn't that recipe for endurance. Losing Stienkuhlar gives me night mirrors about this rematch.

We have a Caveman........and he's hungry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back