• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We gonna get killed

They have more 5 star videographers with natural video editing skills. We have to develop ours from the Audio/Video walk-on program.
Wiltfog just dropped a CB for another 5-star videographer for OSU . . .

5-Star.jpg

Oh, I've got plenty of Kool-Aid, believe you me.

There's just been too many of these moments where pre-game I've been thinking, this is our night. Only to be proven wrong rather quickly.

I was saying it just this past year when I was freezing my arse off in TCF stadium. After all, we beat up the Gophers pretty well in Frost's first Husker victory. What could go wrong! That was awful. Or Tanner Lee's last year against OSU. Or that lousy OSU game where we had to bring in Ryker Fyfe because TA was out. And the game got so boring that ABC spent more time covering Tommy going to and from the stadium in the ambulance.

Really curious to see how we look on Saturday.
Been there with you. It's gonna get better. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Last year was a no win scenario going into that game. Game day all the hype. It was a no win situation. Nebraska would have had to play perfect just to be in the game. OSU was on a mission. Chase Young was on a mission.

Nebraska wasn’t ready.

Do they have a chance this year, not really if they play like they did last year. If Fields plays bad, I mean 3 picks bad or gets knocked out of the game and the back up struggles. They have a chance.

Just look for them to play hard and play sound physical football and have the ability to move the ball and put some points on the board. Look for a decent run game. If they could get 175+ on the ground that would really show something.

Last edited:

Well, yes, they have more talent but I’d argue that with proper planning, teaching, and talented kids (which NU has), can so often overcome elite talent. It’s not like NU is chopped liver. Play your ass off, you’re fast too. OSU just has more talent now, guys already developed in high school. Ready to go. Sometimes, it just takes a year or two longer, for someone to take off. This just isn’t insurmountable. NU shouldn’t lose to this team by 30 or 40 imo.

Well, yes, they have more talent but I’d argue that with proper planning, teaching, and talented kids (which NU has), can so often overcome elite talent. It’s not like NU is chopped liver. Play your ass off, you’re fast too. OSU just has more talent now, guys already developed in high school. Ready to go. Sometimes, it just takes a year or two longer, for someone to take off. This just isn’t insurmountable. NU shouldn’t lose to this team by 30 or 40 imo.
Oh I agree, that is why they play the game. If OSU comes out and plays great from the start like they did last year Nebraska is not going to win. Nebraska just needs to play loose and like they have nothing to lose, which they don’t.

Last year, OSU's once in a lifetime guy was on the DL and our struggles were at quarterback and OL. Not good.

This year, they have dudes all over, but their guy is at quarterback and our strengths are in the secondary. Our weaknesses may be in pash rush.

These things alone make me hopeful. When their strength hits us at our weaker spots...yikes. When their strength hits our stronger parts...might be better than last year.

All of that to say they have a lot of strengths everywhere, though.

They ( tosu)put on their pants like everyone else. Yes on paper they're really talented. If both lines can be physical and play with grit and toughness it will be a good game.

I'm hoping they don't watch social media, news.

Remove that "we're gonna destroy the alien invaders and burn down Rome" soundtrack and replace it with the Looney Tunes theme song, and that video is much less impressive.

Last edited:
Probably the wisky talking but I think we start showing improvement. I won't claim this game will be a victory, but I think we play hard and show we can compete. It's a tough schedule this year and our record may not be pretty but right now I'm not looking at W/L as much as progress and performance. We need to keep building toward the future.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back