• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We go to Wisconsin and Purdue to finish

weaver75

Special Counsel
10 Year Member
Wisconsin and Purdue both have home matches against Indiana and so they will have a win plus whatever happens with Nebraska. So:

1. we beat both teams and finish in sole possession of 1st.

2. We beat Wisconsin and lose to Purdue, then three teams share the championship.

3. We lose to Wisconsin and beat Purdue, Wisconsin is champion and we are sole second place.

4. We lose to both, Wisconsin is champion, Purdue is sole runner up, and we tie for third.

Bottom line- we beat Wisconsin and we are champions or co-champions. We don’t beat Wisconsin and we are not.
GBR.
PS: Wisconsin beat Minnesota tonight in a 5 Setter, with Minnesota failing on three match points in the fourth set. If Minnesota had won, our path to a share of first would have been much easier.

The last time the HUSKERS beat Wisconsin was Wed., Oct. 11, 2017 (3-2). Since then, they've gone 0-4. And last season, 2020-21, the matches were cancelled. It's about time they WIN again. :Rockon:

Wisconsin and Purdue both have home matches against Indiana and so they will have a win plus whatever happens with Nebraska. So:

1. we beat both teams and finish in sole possession of 1st.

2. We beat Wisconsin and lose to Purdue, then three teams share the championship.

3. We lose to Wisconsin and beat Purdue, Wisconsin is champion and we are sole second place.

4. We lose to both, Wisconsin is champion, Purdue is sole runner up, and we tie for third.

Bottom line- we beat Wisconsin and we are champions or co-champions. We don’t beat Wisconsin and we are not.
GBR.
PS: Wisconsin beat Minnesota tonight in a 5 Setter, with Minnesota failing on three match points in the fourth set. If Minnesota had won, our path to a share of first would have been much easier.
Another reason for my not caring a Gnat's ass about Minnesota! Chokers!!! :(

Good luck ladies. You have really come around, late in the season. Your confidence has really shown! We don't need anyone else to assist us; go out and sweep the next couple of games.

WE ARE #1!!! :Broom: :Broom: :Broom:

Last edited:
We can win both these next two games if we play clean.

We can also lose them both if we don’t. Time to get things cleaned up for a run to the final four and another natty.

Wisconsin and Purdue still ranked 5 and 6. Two extremely tough road games on back to back days in advance of the NCAAs. Good preparation whatever happens, but how great would it be to get some upset wins?

The last time the HUSKERS beat Wisconsin was Wed., Oct. 11, 2017 (3-2). Since then, they've gone 0-4. And last season, 2020-21, the matches were cancelled. It's about time they WIN again. :Rockon:
Not just winless, but without winning a single set. 0-12 in sets. Wisconsin has become our new Penn State.

I am hoping we play well. Get beat, ok. Be high error and beat ourselves, not a good sign heading into the tourney. If we play well, we will be right in the thick of both matches and with some luck and extreme mental toughness, we can win both.

I am hoping we play well. Get beat, ok. Be high error and beat ourselves, not a good sign heading into the tourney. If we play well, we will be right in the thick of both matches and with some luck and extreme mental toughness, we can win both.
Ah, the bright side. I like your style. Beat Wiskey & assure at least a tie at the top. Two nights in a row on the road will take grit. It’s nice to be playing for something at the end of a sports season. Actually a nice accomplishment considering the somewhat discombobulated start.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back