• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We didn't help ourselves.

Not claiming expert status.
Question of the thread/moment is...

Is Nebraska better off from a recruiting position with:
A) a close game
B) a win
C) blowing them out
D) getting blown out

my argument is that any result A, B, or C would be viewed as a better outcome from a recruiting perspective.

D is what happened. Does that mean we can’t get those guys who watched “D” happen? Nope, not at. But I’d argue if we wanted to help ourself we would pick the order of best desired results to be ordered C, B, A, and D last.

Where we finish class-wise is irrelevant to my thought process.

my :Sign2cents:
Your education. I’ve got you on scholarship, cause that was free!
:Banana::Banana::Banana:

Last edited:

Frost is certainly recruiting good enough talent to win 10 games and the west when the coaching takes hold, imo. Then from there I believe this staff has the potential to ratchet up even higher.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Of course it's helpful if the step is in the right direction.
No question its going to take time, but this class (his 3rd) should be top 15. Anything else is more of the same. But its hard when our current team isn't producing on the field. Need to land a few elite players in this class to make a difference. I'm cheering hard for them, but a long way to go. The bye weeks should help.

Last edited:
Recruiting at Nebraska has not improved under Frost in my opinion. A few good players have come in the past 2 years, but a lot of misses and holes in this line-up from subpar recruiting. It certainly doesn't help that Riley's last class is all but non-existent.

Hopefully this class continues to improve.

Last year was the highest average star rating since 2000. This year (so far) is the second highest star rating.

How has it not improved again?

Last edited:
Last year was the highest average star rating since 2000. This year (so far) is the second highest star rating.

How has it not improved again?
we are currently ranked near #30 in most current polls. Sure this can improve and I hope it does. We need better players and we need them now.

we are currently ranked near #30 in most current polls. Sure this can improve and I hope it does. We need better players and we need them now.
The low rating is due to the low number of recruits, not the quality of them

Last edited:
The low rating is due to the low number of recruits, not the quality of them
It seems that no matter how many times someone says this it will never sink in. :Facepalm:

Although there are some who choose to ignore this so they can complain away.

I really dont care about stars. If you cant develope what you recruit stars really don't mean much

Top 20 will hopefully get us into the restaurant. Top 15 might get is a decent seat at the table. Top 10 and we should be getting a good meal and top 5 should get us dessert and champagne! So, do we want to watch people eat, or belly up to the bar, because that’s where we belong!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back