• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We are Lucky.

Oldgrappler

Recruit
2 Year Member
That Adrian Martinez is still healthy. Not sure for how long he stays in good health but if they don’t stop running him all the time, he well get injured. He almost has more yards then the whole RB position group combine. I worry about how bad our offense would be with out this guy.

That Adrian Martinez is still healthy. Not sure for how long he stays in good health but if they don’t stop running him all the time, he well get injured. He almost has more yards then the whole RB position group combine. I worry about how bad our offense would be with out this guy.
He isn’t running that much by his or the coaches choice. Self preservation is the biggest reason.

Imagine how many yards he would have if he didn’t have to count all the sacks.

I did think smothers looked pretty good. Too bad our oline pisses they panties on a regular basis with their constant false starts and our guards pure lack of well anything.

I did think smothers looked pretty good. Too bad our oline pisses they panties on a regular basis with their constant false starts and our guards pure lack of well anything.
Agree that Smothers was good -- or at least poised -- under very difficult circumstances. But at this point he's not the difference-maker that AM is, and it's like we have an excess of difference-makers on offense.

O
Agree that Smothers was good -- or at least poised -- under very difficult circumstances. But at this point he's not the difference-maker that AM is, and it's like we have an excess of difference-makers on offense.
h I agree that Martinez is incredibly talended, but he misses way too many open/ simple reads. Just wonder if we have a Qb in Smothers that can make the routine plays. Who knows that may be just what this offense needs. Don't need a hero if you qlways on schedule.

How in the hell would you or anyone know that? Dude could be a serious gamer and we have not got to see it yet. Some dudes shine when the lights turn on. We all know what Adrian is. Very good athlete. Will wow you at times. We’ve seen his other side as well. :oops:

O

h I agree that Martinez is incredibly talended, but he misses way too many open/ simple reads. Just wonder if we have a Qb in Smothers that can make the routine plays. Who knows that may be just what this offense needs. Don't need a hero if you qlways on schedule.
Tough to be "always on schedule" as a QB when the OL can't block worth a darn. If AM goes down, then I think we'd see Smothers running for his life on every pass play -- but getting sacked more often and scrambling less successfully.

Agree with you that Smothers seems to have a bright future. Hopefully we'll have a serviceable OL by the time he's a regular starter.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back