• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We are Indiana

T-Rex

Recruit
5 Year Member
and Maryland and Illinois and Purdue....what we aren't is better than last years team. It defies logic that our offensive and defensive lines are as poor as they preform. Did we sell our souls for the 80's and 90's? I can't believe that our assessment of talent is that poor compared to other programs with lesser facilities, lesser traditions, lesser fan bases,

and Maryland and Illinois and Purdue....what we aren't is better than last years team. It defies logic that our offensive and defensive lines are as poor as they preform. Did we sell our souls for the 80's and 90's? I can't believe that our assessment of talent is that poor compared to other programs with lesser facilities, lesser traditions, lesser fan bases,

The bolded is about the only thing I can come up with to explain the last 17+ years. We have had significant advantages in tradition, fan base, facilities (until recently), recruiting, etc. over every Big 12 North and Big 10 West division opponent. Yet we have greatly underachieved since 2002.

We entered the Big 10 thinking of ourselves as on par with Michigan, Penn St., and Ohio St. and well ahead of programs like Wisconsin, Michigan St., Iowa, and most certainly Minnesota. I remember the first time we played at Minnesota after joining the conference. We played fairly poorly but still won by about 30 points. My how times have changed.

I'd say we have been a Division ll team for a number of years now. If no positive changes take place in the next couple of years, we should officially apply to become a school of theirs.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back