• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We Are a Bad Football Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
Other than Robinson who has obviously been our highest rated recruit, who waiting in the wings do you think is ready to help take this team to higher levels. I think the recruiting has been better but not enough better than previous staffs to give me a ton of hope this ship gets righted anytime soon.
One you won’t see the line play better until year three of four with the better players. We aren’t recruiting five stars yes but we are getting wisky type players and right now I would be happy to be able to compete with them. I’m not worried about Alabama or Ohio states of the world right now cause you have to beat wisky first. I really believe the oline play will be better next year and by year four playing good enough to compete with wisky and Iowa.

One you won’t see the line play better until year three of four with the better players. We aren’t recruiting five stars yes but we are getting wisky type players and right now I would be happy to be able to compete with them. I’m not worried about Alabama or Ohio states of the world right now cause you have to beat wisky first. I really believe the oline play will be better next year and by year four playing good enough to compete with wisky and Iowa.
I can appreciate the optimism cause that's all we got. I have no faith in us being able to develop the guys we have or have recruited right now to be able to say we are going to compete with Wisconsin or Iowa. Need to add Minnesota to the list. Along those lines, can you name me ONE player or aspect of our team that has shown improvement over last year because I sure can't and that's what concerns me the most.

how is the o line going to be better next year?

Can we sneak someone into the camps of Wisconsin and Iowa. Hell, any of the other BIG teams...and see how they develop their players. We sure don't seem to be able to.

Zero seniors playing I believe another year of strength and conditioning.
I wish they were all seniors.

Jurgens may be better next year. Not much reason to believe the others will be. I think three of the four have regressed this year.

Bad offense, defense, special teams...
Poor effort, poor coaching...

We will be fortunate to get a single win the remainder of the year. Scott needs to evaluate his staff and program from top to bottom and make some tough, but needed, decisions.
Correct. Hard to fire your friends. It is the ultimate defining character of the head coach.

I like your optimism, but can see what we have coming back. Facts weigh out over hope.

The most important ingredient is “want to get it done.” I don’t see much of that at the moment. It was obvious from the start that Minnesota came out onto the field with a whole lot more “want to” than the Huskers.

What’s so discouraging is that is exactly the ingredient we thought Frost was bringing to the table. It’s one thing to be totally out-talented by a team like Ohio State, but I never thought I’d see a Frost coached team look disinterested and joyless.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back