• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We Are a Bad Football Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
It really looked like one team wanted to play football and one wanted to go home. Pretty easy to figure out who was who.

Lots of work to do with the week off.

So much work to do.
Listening to Robert Smith on the broadcast, he was spot on about the D. Not getting to their assignments, not fighting off blocks to handle their gaps. Minnesota played with passion and the Blackshirts were flat and played with zero emotion or fight. No toughness at all. NONE. Sit some guys. Davis twins continue to disappoint, IMO.

Just got back from the game. WOW we are worse than I thought and I thought we were terrible. I’m 47 years old and never left a game early, but I did tonight and not because I was cold.

There isn’t a good position group on this team. Offense terrible, defense terrible, special teams terrible.

Defensive coaches should be utterly embarrassed.

Frost better figure out what this teams identify is, as right now it appears to be a bunch of girls in a pillow fight.

I honestly can’t think of one part of our team that is even half as good as minnesota’s, and minnesota is a joke.

I better stop ranting but holy cow is this team bad.

I have zero confidence it gets better any time soon (next 5 years).

I wish I could argue with you. And it's not just Austin. I'm not ready to bag on coaches just yet, but I'm really confused about the lack of progress, and especially effort.

I think some guys need a swift kick in the backside, whether by a coach or teammate.
I think the swift kick needs to be on the coaching staff starting at the top. Frost brought the whole staff from UCF and not one B1G anywhere.

Just got back from the game. WOW we are worse than I thought and I thought we were terrible. I’m 47 years old and never left a game early, but I did tonight and not because I was cold.

There isn’t a good position group on this team. Offense terrible, defense terrible, special teams terrible.

Defensive coaches should be utterly embarrassed.

Frost better figure out what this teams identify is, as right now it appears to be a bunch of girls in a pillow fight.

I honestly can’t think of one part of our team that is even half as good as minnesota’s, and minnesota is a joke.

I better stop ranting but holy cow is this team bad.

I have zero confidence it gets better any time soon (next 5 years).

I think it will get fixed, but yes they are horribly bad right now. It's pretty pathetic. I'm watching Wyoming play right now with much less talent and Bohl has then playing sound, fundamental football. Frost needs to go back to square one IMO, as the team is a master of none right now.

By year four if we are still seeing us get whipped like we did today i will agree frost wasn’t ready. But as of right now with the way he is recruiting I believe year four will be the year we get back to nine or ten wins a season. Next year will be about like this year though in my eyes. Maybe a little better but we will still get pushed around a little but year four is when the strength and conditioning will really take affect. Wisky didn’t do it in one year and where they started is where we are starting. It takes time to turn around a team like Indiana and sad thing is that where we are at this point and when frost took over. Riley completely destroyed any of the momentum that pelini built
This team isn’t getting physically beat defensively, they aren’t in position to get physically beat.

Offensively we’re inept. No run game, no pass game and shoot ourselves in the foot way too often.

There isn’t a person in the world who thinks that MN has the athletes to physically dominate anybody. Heck the Jackrabbits can handle the gophers.

By year four if we are still seeing us get whipped like we did today i will agree frost wasn’t ready. But as of right now with the whe is recruiting I believe year four will be the year we get back to nine or ten wins a season. Next year will be about like this year though in my eyes. Maybe a little better but we will still get pushed around a little but year four is when the strength and conditioning will really take affect. Wisky didn’t do it in one year and where they started is where we are starting. It takes time to turn around a team like Indiana and sad thing is that where we are at this point and when frost took over. Riley completely destroyed any of the momentum that pelini built
Other than Robinson who has obviously been our highest rated recruit, who waiting in the wings do you think is ready to help take this team to higher levels. I think the recruiting has been better but not enough better than previous staffs to give me a ton of hope this ship gets righted anytime soon.

We got the beating that I was expecting tonight. We ARE a very bad team right now, and our coaching has been horrible as well. SF has at least 2, perhaps even 3 more years (end of season 5) to right the ship...that is fair and I/most are still on board with that, but I'd suggest he get started soon. I want to live to see it.

IMO, the biggest problem the team has is between the ears...they are a collective head case. They don't need worthless military training (proven not to work by our team), they aren't in the military...they need better mental preparation and improved confidence. Scott brings back Husker Power and Husker nutrition, but where is Jack Stark? We paid SF top dollar and basically doubled his assistants salaries, and...right now, it doesn't look like we are getting our monies worth, because the team comes out unprepared each game. I believe they need a sports psyche guy to get these guys motivated. What could it hurt, we've been throwing around money like it's trash...another half mil a year can't hurt.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back